Best volume control widget?

r314bd

Reaction score
I've seen a few pics on here of volume control widgets that span one row and allow you to change ringer/in-call/media/etc. volumes but I can't find the app...preferably anything that looks most like the stock power control widget so it fits with that theme but that's not necessary

GerryG35

Reaction score
There seems to be lots available by searching "volume" in the Market. The only one I've tried is called AudioManager Widget. I ended up uninstalling it for several reasons. I could never activate it without two, three, or more touches and when it did execute, it was often misrepresenting my actual settings. In other words, I didn't trust it. I left a comment that I would try it again after I see some updates. On the positive side, it does have two sizes of the widget although don't be misled into thinking that the widget performs the changing - it only shows a relative scale of the volume settings and activates a screen where you make changes. The widget itself is very attractive but I didn't like that the settings screen had to be scrolled to change the first and last settings; I thought using a little smaller font/graphic would have permitted all of the settings to fit without compromising its usability.

I hope other members have tried some of the other volume apps and leave their experiences for us.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Thanks for your input GerryG35, that was informative. The same things that bugged you about that app would bug me too! :)

Tegamal

Reaction score
I use AudioManager widget, does everything I need & sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

It's free in the market.

EDIT: Just saw the post above & I have had a couple times where I had to hit it more than once to open, but other than that, I've been really happy with it.

Like I said, it's free so you can at least try it for yourself. Let us know what you think!

Purgatory

Reaction score
I have volume widget, and it is ok, lets you set three different preset settings on most of the volumes you want. I have a day, night and silent mode and just click it and I already have all the volumes set to what i want them to be at. You can turn off or on vibrate mode, but not for individual notifications or calls. It is either vibrate for everything, or no vibrate for anything.