Best Tablet $100 or less?

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
You can root the nook and load the market on it, it has an unlocked bootloader from my understanding as well, so there should be rom's for it as well. Plus the one you posted will have a resistive screen and it has $60 shipping, making the nook color not much more $

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
GT944 the last link I posted is over half decent, it seems like a really good tablet and I relly hope I do get it. And thanks for the post Rami98 but it's to expensive and isn't that for reading books cause I don't really care for that lol

Keep in mind that these Chinese knockoff/ripoff tablets have impressive specs but perform like crap. If you see a no-name cpu brand that runs at 1ghz, assume that it is comparable to a good-named 500mhz cpu. They sometimes but not always lie about storage capacity. And the speeds of their internal memory is crap (comparable to sd card speeds when it should be much faster). That said, if you only want this to look at family photo albums and want to do nothing computationally intensive (don't even try Angry Birds), then maybe it's an option. Just think of it as being as powerful as all of those Android phones with tiny screens and 540 mhz cpus that still run Android 1.5, then you'll have proper expectations.

As others have pointed out, if you want a decent, cheap tablet, the Nook Color is the hands-down winner at $250. For a usable tablet, that's as cheap as you can get right now.

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
Interesting, but I really want a big screen too, is there a 10" Nook Color??

And how hard is it to root and flash compared to my Droid 1? (which I want to cancel ad get a very cheap phone to save money, hoping the tablet will substitute for all my android needs)

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
Did some research and know that all nook colors are small 7"

I just don't know right now, it's so small compared to 10.2" / 16" tablet.
And the specs are probably not wrong anyways, plus the sellers have very good feedback and rep, and I can return it for refund too, and bribe them with a possible negative feedback if necessary.
But I think this tablet will do good with hopefully a good sensitive screen as well.

But idk, I want to see reviews about it but it's not a popular brand product :p

Me confused!

Reaction score
Try the nookcolor and root it and install market and launcher pro and you could overclock it. I have one and its amazing. Capacitive screen, 800mhz to omap processor with the powerVr graphics that is able to be overclocked to 1.1 gyz right now and its stable with lower voltage than stock so it gets even better battery and people have gotten android 2.2 on it and they are working on 2.3. The community is really working on this one and I would suggest it even though its more expensive than 100. Or you can look at the new archos tablets released a month or 2 ago. But nookcolor is best IMHO. nookdevs.com

This wicked news to hear. So it can be rooted? Is there a thread explaining this process? And can the nook1 be rooted?
sent from my Droid Incredible using Droid forums app.

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
Ya it can be rooted and put ROMs on it and the whole android market ect. Just youtube around there is a lot of vids with that and threads if you want to google it.

It's just 7" is to small for what I want in a tablet.
I was thinking of the archos until i read reviews so I just don't know what i want!

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
You mentioned you could return it, but the shipping was $60 which you wouldnt get back, plus whatever you pay to return it to Hong Kong.

I cant speak for everyone, but that extra screen real estate isnt going to make you happy when everything is lagging. 7" is huge compared to the D1, heck when i went from the D1 to the DX it seemed really big. The only thing i miss is the huge dev community of the D1. With the Nook you would get to keep that.

Good luck with your decision. Let us know what you get.

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
Thanks for the post, but I think I can shell out and even help pay some if I have to (no biggie) and get a Archos 10.1" tablet.

That should be a lot better huh? Any hands on experiences? I've been reading lots of reviews but want yours too :)

JeremyJiggleSpoon

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Alcatel 300
Yeah, I rate you gonna be comprising your performance a little for a tablet over 10 inches. Otherwise here's some pretty good 10inch tabs for under 100. Note, both come with thier own graphics card (GPU).

Dragon Touch A1X 10.1"
- 1 GB RAM
- 16GB Nand Flash

iRuluX10 inch
- 8GB storage + SD card slotsm allows you to add up to 32GB

happy hunting