Best ROM for my needs?

leftspin

Reaction score
I am currently running Liquid 2.6 and love it when it is working properly. The problem is, I've had to reflash it three or four times since my first time installing it about a month ago because of system bugs which seemingly have no fix. Before using Liquid I used Liberty but I prefer how lightweight and smooth Liquid is. The amount of control Liquid gives me is perfect too. Since it's still a huge inconvenience to have to clear my data and cache every week and a half and then spend my time resetting preferences that didn't get restored by Titanium, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a ROM similar to Liquid that works a little bit better.

J

JriderG

I have been using cm7. I think it is great, but I have never used liquid.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
leftspin

leftspin

Reaction score
Actually I think Liquid is based on CM7, a friend of mine told me that if I didn't like Liberty to use Liquid because it has very similar features to CM7 but is a bit more stable. Either way it'll be on the list of ROMs to try

maddog0331

Reaction score
You can also try Chevy's ROM as well. Most ROMS that are running on the second init are based off CM7.

inswva

Reaction score
I've been rocking Liquid GB 2.6 for about a week and it pretty much kicks ass. Battery life could be better but I'm not *****ing. I'd also be interested to hear from other liquid users that have found something "better".

FWIW, I heart LGB. No reflashes so far.

OP
leftspin

leftspin

Reaction score
after a few reflashes LGB 2.6 is finally working properly for me and I really like it. When it's working right the only complaint I have is the battery life but it's not horrible

OP
leftspin

leftspin

Reaction score
if anyone is interested, a few days ago I tried out MIUI and it's definitely the smoothest, fastest, all around best ROM I've used so far (in my opinion). If only Motorola would unlock the bootloader so I could dual boot Liquid and MIUI