Think I may have bricked my phone

hendrixvanwylde

Reaction score
I was attempting to flash liquid v3.0 from liberty 2.6??. I'm almost certain I wiped everything before flashing the new ROM, but I may not have being that the phone process on the liquid ROM would force close immediately upon booting up. I had made a backup of liberty so figured I'd just flash back to that since it was working fine. Everything was working fine for a day or so and then my phone rebooted on its own. It gets caught in a bootloop about 2 seconds into the boot logo. I've tried booting into recovery (holding home when powering on) but it won't let me.

Not sure if my phone is garbage now and don't have any other ideas of what to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

jabkissmya

Reaction score
Do a battery pull. Push and hold volume up and camera button while powering on device . You should boot to a black screen with white letters. Connect isbn cable from computer to phone and and back to stock. Phone should boot now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
H

hendrixvanwylde

Reaction score
Should I sbf back to froyo or gb? Everything I've read seems to indicate some sort of issue with the 30.04 bootloader and getting back to froyo. I suppose getting back to stock gb would be the best option. Worst case, it destroys my phone for sure and I'm in the same spot I am now.

jabkissmya

Reaction score
Have never sbf'd to gingerbread. Has always been froyo. Only thing is once you sbf and phone reboots, you have to pull battery use home to boot to recovery and clear cache. Not sure whyI it does that, but boots right up after that.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its ok to SBF back to either 2.3.340 or the latest GB build. Both are on the 30.04 bootloader

SimplexMango

Reaction score
Sbf to .602 gb then accept ota .605 update then use one click to reroot.
I hated liquid 3.0 though...not a smooth rom at all.

I'm currently running apex 3.0 and its great. Battery life is way better than liquid too.

Go to WWW.droidmodderx.com he has all the tutorials and files for sbfing and roms. Hope this helps!

leftspin

Reaction score
You need to SBF to .602 GB and either take or don't take the OTA .605 update, your preference. Liquid 3.0 does not work on the Froyo kernel.

Also, I agree with SimplexMango, Liquid 3.0 isn't very good. Try out ApeX, Shuji and CM4DX GB