Best ROM for Droid Bionic

Reaction score
Well now I'm trying all different ROMs. Settling on a stock based one since having all my docks work automatically is kind of a big deal to me. CM was starting to bug out for no good reason, Carbon kept re-booting randomly. Raging Bionic is doing pretty good right now. All the stock features, all the goodies of a typical ROM, wifi hack baked in etc...

kwest12

Reaction score
Where did you land Scotty? I'm in the market for a stable 4.2.2 based ROM (I don't trust 4.3 to not be crazy unstable with tons of incompatibility yet). I want performance at least as snappy as stock 4.1.2 and I don't want anything important broken or disabled...

deduct

Reaction score
Where did you land Scotty? I'm in the market for a stable 4.2.2 based ROM (I don't trust 4.3 to not be crazy unstable with tons of incompatibility yet). I want performance at least as snappy as stock 4.1.2 and I don't want anything important broken or disabled...

I'm using bionic again and when running 4.2 I use eclipse x ROM. Most stable and fluid 4.2 rom I've used on bionic.

Sent from my eclipsed bionic

kwest12

Reaction score
I'm using bionic again and when running 4.2 I use eclipse x ROM. Most stable and fluid 4.2 rom I've used on bionic.

Nice! Safe to assume you're working out of a thread on xda?

deduct

Reaction score
And unless you just really love that green, download and install the unthemed version. No need to flash gapps. They are included in ROM.

kwest12

Reaction score
I've been testing Eclipse X (the 4.2.2 based version - he just updated to 4.3 base) for about a week now. I'm getting semi-frequent hangs when opening/closing apps, turning screen on/off, or if something is going on in the background, etc. I also have had about 2 or 3 random reboots (one or two were preceded by a hang).

I've tried wiping the cache and dalvik cache, and fixing app permissions, but that didn't improve anything. When I created the ROM slot, I selected the '2 GB' option, so I don't think it's a low space issue. I did restore data with Titanium Backup for a few of my apps, but they weren't ones that are running frequently, so I highly doubt it's that. Incidentally, I think I'm actually getting worse battery life on Eclipse, too.

I really hate hangs, lag, random reboots and important stuff not working (wifi, mms, sms, gps, bluetooth, video camera, etc). The built-in features are nice, but I'd much rather have a phone that doesn't hang, crash or have important features broken. Are there any ROMs (4.2.2 or 4.3) that will give me the experience I want?

The only reason I really want to get off of stock is to solve bluetooth music streaming (know problem w/ 4.1.2 and toyotas) and Instagram problems (incidentally, Instagram also fights with CM - it crashes when you try to take a video with the front camera).

deduct

Reaction score
I have eclipse x 4.2 ROM on my bionic and never have the issues with it that you are having with eclipse 4.3. I had problems with eclipse 4.3 too. 4.3 is overrated IMO. Hardly any difference between 4.2 and 4.3 ROMs and 4.2 ROMs run smoother and more stable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

kwest12

Reaction score
Thanks deduct, but the issues I'm having are actually with 4.2.2 version. Maybe I'll do a fresh install just for the heck of it - couldn't hurt, I guess.

deduct

Reaction score
Thanks deduct, but the issues I'm having are actually with 4.2.2 version. Maybe I'll do a fresh install just for the heck of it - couldn't hurt, I guess.

Certainly won't hurt. Have you tried raging bionic? It's one of the most stable ROMs for bionic since its a 4.1.2 ROM.

kwest12

Reaction score
I haven't, but if it's 4.1.2 based, it's going to still have the Bluetooth and Instagram problems I mentioned. :-\ I'm considering seeing how Liquid works - there are a few glowing reviews in the xda thread.

deduct

Reaction score
I haven't, but if it's 4.1.2 based, it's going to still have the Bluetooth and Instagram problems I mentioned. :-\ I'm considering seeing how Liquid works - there are a few glowing reviews in the xda thread.

Gotcha. Liquid 2.9 is the best man. Its my favorite ROM I've ever run on my bionic. I would occasionally get freeze ups on it, but, other than that it's solid.

bpambrose

Reaction score
Something New

It was Blurry Maxx Ver:3.8 back in Nov 2011, many Roms later i'm running CM11, Dhacker's Fantastic Kit Kat Rom. Flashed Nov 2013(two year to my last post here) My Bionic lives on just will not die. The Devs deserve many thanks for all their efforts. SUPPORT YOUR DEVELOPERS!