Best practice after getting a replacement

SitSamBry

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
So finally after feeling like i've settled into my Droid 3 (initially I had random reboot problems but those stopped completely after a factory reboot), now my headphone jack stopped working. whenever I try to play music or watch videos with headphones it just plays out of the phone's speaker. tried several headphones but no luck (pushed them in hard too just to make sure).

Anyway I'm getting a replacement but I wanted some advice on trasitioning over to the new phone. I have several games that I don't want to lose my progress, plus other information. When i went from my OG droid to the D3 I used titanium backup for these things but since the D3 is not rooted yet, I believe that option is out.

Any suggestions and best plans since I will be starting off fresh again?

On a side not I love the phone but just never had any of these problems with my OG droid.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think MyBackUpPro will do some backups without root.

Google *should* restore your apps upon logging in with your gmail address.

Side note: put the replacement through the ringer. Phone calls, games, multitasking. Do it all. Weed out the faults so you can put another request right away if you have to. Don't wait as there is very limited time now between when you get and when you have to return it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I'd add: do that without changing a ton of settings or adding a bunch of apps. It might be a good idea to do a factory reset before anything else. Certaily charge it fully without turning it on and then let the battery die and recharge it with the power off to set the battery stats.