Best Performance Apps?

littlkj5

Reaction score
I like to know what is going on on my phone so I was wondering what are some good performance apps for my phone.

All I have now is advanced task killer and an uninstaller app.

If you can think of anything that would help then that would be great and if you think I am dumb then that is cool too.

ffej89

Reaction score
Get rid of the atk its no good for your phone. People see the background apps and think they are running and eating up their battery (not true) The background apps are the apps you use often so your phone keeps them in the forground instead of killing them. These apps are froze and dont use any battery life. When you kill the apps you make your phone reopen every time which inturn uses more battery.
Second there is a app called system panel that will allow you to kill apps if really needed but it also moniter's many aspects of your phone. Give it a try

ffej89

Reaction score
Martin nice post. I dont know why they even have atk's. Some people (myself included at first with my evo)just kill kill kill not really knowing why or what they are doing. The only killer i have is system panel. I have it just because it moniters your phone and not to kill apps

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sometimes it is necessary to kill an app, but as you stated, it can be done from the the native applications menu.

I think a lot of the obsession with 'free mem' comes from former Blackberry users. I myself being one of them. Where the device slowed to a crawl because of poor memory management.

Such is not the case with Android :)

OP
L

littlkj5

Reaction score
Wow i never knew that. Must be my history with bb. I just got system panel. Kind of overwhelming at first but i'll get the hang of it. I enabled battery monitoring.

dmclean

Reaction score
I wish Verizon employees knew about this. My sales rep went out of her way to DL ATK on my phone when I bought it and she told me to use it all of the time.

ffej89

Reaction score
Yea system panel is a little overwhelming at first but its great for knowing what your phone is doing. And you'll get the hang of it quick. Just remember with any system manager dont over do it

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I look at it this way.... running a task killer is simply adding yet another application running in the background......

Android's OS handles it's memory appropriately.

It uses JVM (java virtual machine)... basically storing apps in blocks of memory for quick access.

I've never used a task killer and have never seen a decline in performance.

OP
L

littlkj5

Reaction score
At the beginning I probably will overdue it because I am not use to it but over time I am sure it wont be bad. Looks like it was worth the 3 bucks.

kevroc

Reaction score
I'm finding ATK very useful as of now. I'm using the files feature to browse my network shares to transfer videos over to my DX. Unfortunately the wifi keeps dropping connect and the transfer times out. When I try to browse the server again it keeps saying it can't connect. It's only after I "kill" the app using ATK that I can relaunch and browse the server. There may be another way to kill the app but I'm not familiar with how to do it.