Best News App

dustin4863

Reaction score
What is the best live news app you guys have found?
i have tried a few and was not happy any suggestions would be appreciated
thanks dustin

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is the best live news app you guys have found?
i have tried a few and was not happy any suggestions would be appreciated
thanks dustin
FOX, Huffington, CNN all have widgets. AP and USA Today have an app also. Although I enjoy "fair and balanced" the most, the others are good reading also sometimes.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey

I think the best one is the google news app that has been portet from 2.1

Tigger
Oh yea, why didn't I think of that! It's my favorite and scrolling on my home screen along with the temperature.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Thanks Tigger and LIB, I had already searched around and found it (guess I didn't look well enough first time :D) and was going to post the link here. You both beat me to it, thanks again.

kestrel55

Reaction score
The CNN and NYtimes apps are no longer in the market. I bought my wife a Droid and I couldn't find them!!!

Groucho

Reaction score
I like the USA Today news app. Loads quick, displays great, and is very easy to use. Only thing lacking is a widget.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Just so I can add some value to this thread after my "where's the link" post above, here is a direct link to the bar code you can scan to install the apk for google news. Just did it, and I like this app much better than what I was using (nubinews).

pb8185

Reaction score
newsrob (google reader). Just put in any news site you want (news.google.com for example) and you automatically get RSS feeds from them.

brochaos

Reaction score
i prefer the 2.1 "news and weather". you can set custom filters for any subject you want to get news on. it's very sweet.