Best mount/holder (search didn't work)

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Currently for a Jeep and a pixel2xl but ...... you know how that goes. Really "liked" my scoche (sp) magnetic but don't want to stick a metal plate on this phone or case so - a clamping holder (I guess) can't seem to find a quality candidate. Anybody have any suggestions?

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you for replies. I had a $10 coupon and stopped by Staples, they had the iOttie (one touch 3 I think) versatile, little bouncy. Not sure how well it will go into landscape or if that is even a concern really. ended up like $14, pretty inexpensive experiment.
I did like my Scosche magnetic mount but didn't want a metal plate on this phone PLUS I know they say it doesn't effect the phone or battery but when I used to put my Droid Turbo on it my screen immediately shrunk to the size and shape of the metal plate so.... while perhaps not damage of any kind I hardly called that "No effect".

We shall see. IF they have the CD slot one - I may try that. Rare that I put a CD in.....

Edit- Well perhaps I just found my answer, may not effect the pixel. Apparently the Droid Turbo had a special sensor for a moto case.... hmmm that was interesting.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
For anyone else looking for a good car mount for a larger phone, I've had this one for some time. They're sold out at this link, but perhaps you can find them elsewhere. I did a quick search on Amazon & it looks like they may have upgraded them & changed the name. Or that's a different product with a similar function. Haha!

Anyway this holder sticks to ANY dash. The car I had when I first got it had a very bumpy dash, almost like tiny diamond plate. Holds secure & none of the slight bounce of the iOttie (I had an older version of that prior to finding this).

Holds my Pixel XL just fine, but not with an OtterBox Defender case on it. Other basic TPU cases, no problem. Has also previously held the Nexus 6P & Note 4 in not-so-bulky TPU cases.

Drive Smarter w/ the Safest Way to Use Your Phone on the Road

I always tap the phone into this holder with the buttons on the top & align the top "arm" of the mount to be just to the right of the power button.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk