Best kernal with 2.2?

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
I am currently on the kernage rom and curious as to what kernals go best with 2.2 rom itself. Personally I will take battery life over performance so usually i stay at 900mhz and under but if i have to I will go to 1.0ghz if i have to. So alittle help please!

I am asking this because I have the setcpu app and for some reason I downloaded the jdlf 900mhz kernal but the max of the rom stays at 600 so help!

thanks!
PS i didnt know where to post this so if wrong place i apologize

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
hello rite aide.....

There is no simple answer to that question.

You have to experiment with different ones because what works for me may not work for you and vice versa.

Also what may work for you on one set-up is no guarantee it will work for you on another set-up.

Test them all but make sure you have a working back-up : )

Rule #1: ALWAYS have a back-up

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I have had much luck with chevyno1's kernels. But like CK said not all droids or setups are alike. What works good for some doesn't work at all for others. A big part of rooting is the trial and error to find what works best. Good luck and hope you find a good one!!

Sent from my Droid

OP
X

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
Okay thanks for the replys guys but I have tried pretty much everything so my main concern is setcpu then because my current kernal isnt 900mhz like it said...

And I tried about 3 different ones and nothing works right for some reason

rustynail09

Reaction score
Like Jstafford siad, I have had great luck with ChevyNo1's kernals. I am currently running an unmentionable ROM with Chevy's 1.1ghz 7 slot UlowV (Ultra low Voltage) with great battery life and great speeds! I also have tried Bekits and P3's kernals with good luck.

As was stated, it's all a matter of trial and error (similar to selecting a ROM that fits your style/needs) And Back-ups are a MUST before changing anything via recovery!

nateccnn

Reaction score
Just curious...are you going into 'Select Device', 'autodetect' each time you try a new kernel?

Nate

dkelly701

Reaction score
Oops, Nate beat me to it!

Just to make sure you know this, after you install another kernal open SetCPU. After it opens, press the menu button on the bottom of the phone. Press Device Selection and then Autodetect Speeds. You will then have to press OK a couple of times as SetCPU requests root. If you don't do this each time you change kernals, SetCPU will not work correctly. Also remember that clock speed might be lower if you have profiles enabled that lower clock speed under conditions such as battery level, etc. So if you battery happens to be 30%, and you have a profile enabled, you will not see your full clock speed. I sometimes also have to manually adjust the slider at the top to get to the max speed.

I don't mean to insult you with rookie stuff, so disregard this if this is the case. If you were already doing this, I am not sure what is happening.

Okay thanks for the replys guys but I have tried pretty much everything so my main concern is setcpu then because my current kernal isnt 900mhz like it said...

And I tried about 3 different ones and nothing works right for some reason

OP
X

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
Oddly enough it wasn't the setcpu for some reason I restarted my phone and it worked perfectly just how i remembered...thanks anyways guys! Gotta love froyo!