Best home replacement apps?

kraxyk

Reaction score
I just searched for sweeter home, and of don't come up, where do I download it from? Or what tag should I search for?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

It hasn't been released in market place yet, but soon. You can get the free beta from their website. Just Google sweeter home Android

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow 30!?

I already uninstalled it though, right after running it and playing around a little my phone went haywire, got super slow, unresponsive, and then froze. Had to do a batt pull. Just started clearing out a bunch of old apps though so I may try it again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

its only v 1.01 so theres still some issues with it. just give it a few weeks - if the devs stick with it, i expect it to be right up there with LP and ADW

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually I may have fixed my problem. I was experiencing some instability after flashing my last theme so I reflashed my rom last night and things are a lot smoother now.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
ADW and Live Home.

I suggest everyone who uses ADW try Live Home. Controls are almost identical to ADW except there are a few different bells/whistles...and performance is just as good for me.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

OP
M

MilesD37

Reaction score
Sweeter home seems pretty sweet, only complaint is that most of the themes use widgets that costs (so i'll probably try it again when I have the spare change for 'em) live home wouldn't run my message app, so far go launcher seems pretty good.. on been messing with it an hour or so though... are there any themes for it? When I searched, awd.themes came up...

gwwjpd

Reaction score
Sweeter home seems pretty sweet, only complaint is that most of the themes use widgets that costs (so i'll probably try it again when I have the spare change for 'em) live home wouldn't run my message app, so far go launcher seems pretty good.. on been messing with it an hour or so though... are there any themes for it? When I searched, awd.themes came up...

On Sweeter Home, you can put on any widget that you want in them.

For example, if the widget is labeled "SetCPU", and you're not rooted, You have no need for it. So you could put in any widget that you like. Maybe you have Beautiful Widgets, put a widget to toggle GPS or something else, MotoTorch, ect....

Or just go into Menu - Edit Theme and long press in the spot that the offending widget is, a list will come up of all the Trays, Springboards and Widgets, in that area. Tap on the one you want to delete, it will show a grid, (BTW, this is where you can adjust the size and location). Here you can edit or just delete it.

Once you get the hang of editing, you'll have your own theme anyway.
I just tried different ones to get ideas for my own.

OP
M

MilesD37

Reaction score
Is there anywhere I can go to learn home to edit sweeter home? Cause so far I've tried: launcherpro, AWD.launcher, tag home, slidescreen, netfront life screen, go launcher, live home, and sweeter home (maybe another one or two, but I'm looking track) and sweeter home seems to be the closest thing to what I want... but the editor made my head spin!

I'm gonna give it another go, hopefully I can get the hang of it and fall in love!

OP
M

MilesD37

Reaction score

Ok, so I've reinstated sweeter home, and started messing with the themes... hopefully you'll be able to help understand a couple things... first- when I download themes, is there a way of switching back and forth between them without researching for, also to revert back to the theme as was when downloaded if I mess something up when I edit it to figure stuff out.... amd lastly, is there a way to save the progress of a current custom theme so I can check out another theme for ideas and then go back to my personalized theme?

kraxyk

Reaction score

Ok, so I've reinstated sweeter home, and started messing with the themes... hopefully you'll be able to help understand a couple things... first- when I download themes, is there a way of switching back and forth between them without researching for, also to revert back to the theme as was when downloaded if I mess something up when I edit it to figure stuff out.... amd lastly, is there a way to save the progress of a current custom theme so I can check out another theme for ideas and then go back to my personalized theme?

To answer your first question, yes. The trick is to download a theme you like, edit it to your liking and then while in edit mode press menu then upload. From here choose SD card. Now next time you want to load it you go to themes and in the drop down choose SD card. Basically the answer to all of your questions is save often lol

JavaJunkie

Reaction score
I am trying out ADW currently, can you have more the one home screen replacement?
If yes, can you pick and choose based on how your feeling that day?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Yea you can but you would have to clear out defaults to switch to your other one plus that might run your phone down and make it slow and drain battery bc you would have widgets running on all of them ya know? Just a thought

Sent from my Droid

kraxyk

Reaction score
I am trying out ADW currently, can you have more the one home screen replacement?
If yes, can you pick and choose based on how your feeling that day?

As long as you don't set one as the default then you will be given the option to choose every time