Best "GTFO" Apps

thrty6

Reaction score
Hey whats up guys...
thought id start this thread as a collection of what i like to call GTFO apps...in essence theyre the apps on your droid that you show people when you show off your phone and you get the reaction "GTFO!!"

So the first app that I show people when i show them my droid is definitely...

app-xBC.cs.png

Google Sky Map

Google Sky Map v1.2.1 Application for Android | Reference

Everytime i show someone this app they are amazed at what it does and i think it really shows off the droids capabilities...
So what are the apps that you show to your friends and they say GTFO out to?

txskeets

Reaction score
I was playing with Google Sky last night! Great "GTFO" app!

Getaphixx

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
thrty6

thrty6

Reaction score
wow torrent droid sounds awesome, would you happen to know how torrent-fu stacks up?

anyways another app i always like to show off to my friends and family is...

app-xzA.cs.png

Barcode Scanner

Barcode Scanner v3.01 Application for Android | Shopping

By far one of the coolest (albeit rather useless) apps on the droid, i challenge you to beat that with a better gtfo app :icon_ devil:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
wow torrent droid sounds awesome, would you happen to know how torrent-fu stacks up?

anyways another app i always like to show off to my friends and family is...

app-xzA.cs.png

Barcode Scanner

Barcode Scanner v3.01 Application for Android | Shopping

By far one of the coolest (albeit rather useless) apps on the droid, i challenge you to beat that with a better gtfo app :icon_ devil:

To me this is almost a 100% must have, because to scan QR links you need to have it, and scanning QR links are alot easier to me.

OP
thrty6

thrty6

Reaction score
oh yea that's true...I haven't come across any situation where I've needed to scan one...I remember you could use them to transfer your pin on bbm, how does it come into use with a droid? Busniess cards and stuff?

OP
thrty6

thrty6

Reaction score
oh yea that's true...I haven't come across any situation where I've needed to scan one...I remember you could use them to transfer your pin on bbm, how does it come into use with a droid? Busniess cards and stuff?

i take this back i just found a bunch of reasons to use it...
btw cool little site here to share whatever you want thru QR...
QR-Code Generator

the_kwa

Reaction score
i take this back i just found a bunch of reasons to use it...
btw cool little site here to share whatever you want thru QR...
QR-Code Generator

this is pretty cool, is there an app to create bar codes like this on the droid? Also, as cool as that site is, how would one really take advantage of it?

OP
thrty6

thrty6

Reaction score
i created a bar code with my name number and DROID underneath it. sent the pic to my phone and now other people can scan my phone to get my number!
kinda the same idea as BBM but more customizable...

and now that you mention it, im gonna start working on an app that allows you to make a barcode from the droid. shouldnt take too long..

Goza

Reaction score
Barcode scanner was really handy this past weekend for me and my soon to be wife. We had our last wedding shower and of course got double gifts. We used the barcode scanner to find the place that sold each item most expensive so we could return them to that location to get more money back.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
btw I have Google Sky Map and have no idea how to use it. I know what it does but do I hold the phone up to the sky or hold it down in front of me and it shows what is above me or what?

taypotts

Reaction score
btw I have Google Sky Map and have no idea how to use it. I know what it does but do I hold the phone up to the sky or hold it down in front of me and it shows what is above me or what?

Basically think of it as if what your camera is looking at is what you see on the screen. In other words if you are holding your phone up in front of you then the stars you see are in front of you too.