Best EPUB reader on XOOM?

xier

Reaction score
Anyone reading EPUB's on their XOOM? What is the best reader. I'd like to be able to use the same reader on a Droid X and the XOOM - similar to how I do with IBooks on Iphone4 and Ipad.

WillC

Reaction score
You might want to give the Nook app a try. It allows you to side load ePub files. I use it on my DX and on the Xoom.

Numsi

Reaction score
I use Aldiko on my X and just installed it on the XOOM. I had to adjust the margins a little but its working good so far.

OP
xier

xier

Reaction score
Nice - how do you side load the epubs?

You might want to give the Nook app a try. It allows you to side load ePub files. I use it on my DX and on the Xoom.

WillC

Reaction score

WillC

Reaction score
I can't seem to find the NOOK folder on my XOOM on my computer.

Should be located in My Computer\Xoom\Device Storage.
Once you are in the Device Storage directory you should see the Nook folder.
Inside the Nook folder is a My Documents folder, place your ePub files there.

OP
xier

xier

Reaction score
Will - thanks for the info. I need the sideload syncing. It seemed that some times it would sync but not consistently. I am leaning towards the Kindle App since it will support mobi and I can convert my Epub's. I'm going to give it a try if my XOOMS arrive - On Fedex truck for delivery Today.

Nice - I was able to load Epub's - and access them in the My Files section of Nook on my DroidX. Is there a way to sync pages between the app on the X and the XOOM - Like Ibooks does?

The instructions for side loading to an Android device are located here:

NOOK for Android - Help/FAQ - Barnes*&*Noble

Hope this helps.

Hi xier
Content downloaded from B&N will be synched between the two devices but side loaded documents won't.

Techsniffer

Reaction score
I love Aldiko on my D1, but I cant get it to work to import my epubs without FC, anyoen know how to make this work because doesnt seem Aldiko is in a hurry to update with 3.0 support

kennyc

Reaction score
I love Aldiko on my D1, but I cant get it to work to import my epubs without FC, anyoen know how to make this work because doesnt seem Aldiko is in a hurry to update with 3.0 support

How are you trying to do it? what's FC?

I just rechecked ... all you have to do is go to Home screen, click on SD card and navigate to the book you want to import.....viola!

Interesting though, it does not show up in the Shelf view, but does in the list view. Hmmm... Seems a bug to me.

Hmm, Now after I opened it, it is showing up on the bookshelf as well as in the list. ....

Last edited:

Techsniffer

Reaction score
Trying to import my epubs, it looks for an SD card thats not there (not yet working on the Xoom) then it FC's (force closes)

kennyc

Reaction score
Trying to import my epubs, it looks for an SD card thats not there (not yet working on the Xoom) then it FC's (force closes)

Hmm, that's not what happens on mine. I choose sdcard from the home menu and it lets me browse the directories and find the book.

Do you have the latest version? (mine says 2.0) You're not rooted or something are you?