Best Droid 2 Rom?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The "best" is all speculation. Right now, Apex is the fastest, but it wasn't very noticeable in my opinion. I've been on every Froyo and GB ROM available, and right now, I'd recommend ZombieStomped for GB and Fission for Froyo. Fission may have "died" as far as development, but I just love the plain-Jane look.

FTR, I've recently tried CM7 for the D2, and frankly, I wasn't anymore impressed with it than any other ROM. I'm on Liberty right now, and once again, I'd rather be on Fission. It's all about your personal taste.

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
I love zombiestomped. I'm currently on Apex. I've been on Liberty more than any other. ZS is my favorite GB rom. Liberty was my favorite froyo rom. I believe Liberty will be the best once it makes it out of beta stage.

OP
Droid2Helper

Droid2Helper

Reaction score
Thanks but I don't like zs it used it personally I don't like it how's the epic rom?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
It's all a matter of opinion and experience. I loved ZS before 1.71 had given me some issues. Currently am using Apex, and for me I did notice a huge speed increase. I like Apex and probably won't be moving until cm7 is less beta.

havens1515

Reaction score
I agree with m1ghtysauc3. ZS is my favorite GB ROM (Haven't tried CM yet though, so I can't speak for that) and Liberty was BY FAR my favorite Froyo ROM. I haven't tried Liberty GB since version .4 or so, but at that point it was still buggy.

CM is fairly solid from what I hear, and I will be flashing that soon. (I was going to last night, but I got nervous when I saw that I had bootloader D2.37 and that people had been having problems sbfing from that)

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree with m1ghtysauc3. ZS is my favorite GB ROM (Haven't tried CM yet though, so I can't speak for that) and Liberty was BY FAR my favorite Froyo ROM. I haven't tried Liberty GB since version .4 or so, but at that point it was still buggy.

CM is fairly solid from what I hear, and I will be flashing that soon. (I was going to last night, but I got nervous when I saw that I had bootloader D2.37 and that people had been having problems sbfing from that)

I have 2.37 and haven't had a problem. You can SBF back to 2.35 if you want, but there it's no benefit.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
They are all good. I suggest trying them all out and making your own judgement. For the most part, they all are stable. I jump around every week or so. If I'm in a blur mood, i go zombiestomped. If in an aosp mood, it's apex. Liberty is like my home rom. I always end up going back to it in the end. Read each of the respective rom threads of course, but try all of them.

D2 ZombieStomped v1.71