Best/cheapest place to buy a Motorola Droid with a 1 Year Verizon Plan?

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a Motorola Droid online because they are generally cheaper than the instore prices.

Where can I find the cheapest Droid with a 1 year verizon plan, not the 2 year plan?

Thankyou.

OP
A

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
Bodean

The link connects me to Wirefly.com where the phone is listed at $130 with a 2 year contract.

I'm looking for a 1 year contract.

Schimm

Reaction score
.....not only that but the 'free' phone requires you to be an existing customers, extend your contract for 2 years, and sign up for a $59 and above rate plan. If it looks too good to be true..........

JBag

Reaction score
i dont know where you would get the same deal for 1yr, i havnt even heard about verizon doing a 1yr contract, let us know if you find anything though.

texasPI

Reaction score
One year contracts are only available from Verizon directly. None of the third party sellers can do one year contracts.

texasPI

Reaction score
i dont know where you would get the same deal for 1yr, i havnt even heard about verizon doing a 1yr contract, let us know if you find anything though.

I did a one year on my droid. Paid $239 which I guess you get with corp. discount otherwise it would have been $269. No other way to get it cheaper, that I know of, unless you have a NE2 discount which I did not because my line is not the primary.

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score
Even with the higher initial cost for the phone, I'm going to start purchasing phones with strictly a 1 year plan, rather than 2. Upgrades come up faster and I wouldn't be stuck in this hole wanting a Droid that I can't purchase. This is the way to go IMO.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
even with a 2 year plan you can still upgrade every year there is just a 20.00 dollar early upgrade fee and you get the 2 year prices.

Schimm

Reaction score

I did a one year on my droid. Paid $239 which I guess you get with corp. discount otherwise it would have been $269. No other way to get it cheaper, that I know of, unless you have a NE2 discount which I did not because my line is not the primary.

Yes, I got the $269 deal. Actually paid $369 but they are sending a $100 rebate....don't know if it's in the form of a debit card or mail in thing.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yes, I got the $269 deal. Actually paid $369 but they are sending a $100 rebate....don't know if it's in the form of a debit card or mail in thing.

youll get a visa gift card for 100 bucks

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score
even with a 2 year plan you can still upgrade every year there is just a 20.00 dollar early upgrade fee and you get the 2 year prices.

I have never heard anything like this. Do you have a link from Verizon that explains this? I've tried to upgrade early in the past and have been shot down every time...

texasPI

Reaction score

I have never heard anything like this. Do you have a link from Verizon that explains this? I've tried to upgrade early in the past and have been shot down every time...

I believe this only applies to the primary line only but yeah, my wife has done this too. I don't think we got the NE2 though...

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I believe this only applies to the primary line only but yeah, my wife has done this too. I don't think we got the NE2 though...

correct it only applies to the primary line you can actually upgrade that line every 10 months but you forefit your NE2 discount and have to pay a 20 dollar early upgrade fee but you also get the 2 year prices... ive done this for several years in a row.

i cant find it online just call customer service they will explain.

this is exactly how i was able to buy a storm in january but was able to get an early upgrade to the storm in november without having to pay full price.

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score
Ok...that makes more sense since I'm not the primary line. You got me excited! LOL