Best chat app for Droid X

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
So I was using Yahoo!Messenger but it really screwed my phone up. I only use Yahoo!Messenger to chat but since I can't use the app, I am using ebuddy. It's alright, but I was wondering if there was a better one, or if there was a better version of Yahoo! Messenger I could use.

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
I like handcent.... its neat and clean and give you options to customize for your liking. Ohh and its free on the android market. My only complaint is that my phone receives texts and flashes that little "quick message" and does not automatically open handcent for the texts... so if you ust read and respond to the quick message Handcent still thinks there are texts in your inbox that you have not read. Hadncent also gives you the little smiley emoticons with actual picture not the symbol :)

Minor issue for me.

There is also WhatsApp but you and your buddy have to have the app downloaded to use it.

igknight

Reaction score
I use eBuddy. Its one of those that you have to setup an account with them, but it can be used to chat with Yahoo, Facebook, GTalk, and many more.

cpjr

Reaction score
I like handcent.... its neat and clean and give you options to customize for your liking. Ohh and its free on the android market. My only complaint is that my phone receives texts and flashes that little "quick message" and does not automatically open handcent for the texts... so if you ust read and respond to the quick message Handcent still thinks there are texts in your inbox that you have not read. Hadncent also gives you the little smiley emoticons with actual picture not the symbol :)

Minor issue for me.

There is also WhatsApp but you and your buddy have to have the app downloaded to use it.

I believe he's talking about IM and not text ;)

carguy

Reaction score
I use Google Talk quite frequently, great product on the computer and Droid :D

kinos

Reaction score
I use Google Talk quite frequently, great product on the computer and Droid :D

I use Google talk, too! I absolutely love it!! There's also something called pingchat for Droid users (obviously). Pingchat is the equivalent of BBM for blackberry. Try downloading that and see if you like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using DroidForums App

hbniner

Reaction score
Meebo is another good chat app that is free in the Android Market. You can access Yahoo, AIM, MSN, Google Talk, etc.

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
Yea the new yahoo messanger slows down your phone if you use auto login when you boot your phone but I use ebuddy its one of the best and links alot of outher Im's with it.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I started using Trillian when it was a free beta app. I use it on the PC, and am feircely loyal to them. Now that it's a full version, and no longer in beta, it's not free anymore - costs $5 in the market. You can still get the beta version for free, but it won't get updated any further, though is still very good.

Jale

Reaction score
Facebook chat allows only chatting with someone on-line and signed up. It's a separate area from Messages. Why aren't these two combined? That would fill the same purpose as WhatsApp (which I like by the way, with its easy way to send pictures and locations in addition to text.)

OP
midgetgrimm

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
I believe he's talking about IM and not text ;)
Correct, I am talking about IM. I do use HandCent for text though,it works great. As for IM I have been using ebuddy, it works pretty good except the lack of contact editing. Also sometimes my DroidX wont sleep while using it. It's supposed to. All in all not that bad. I just wish yahoo messenger didn't lag, I liked it a lot.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Live Profile has some very good reviews check that out

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App