Best Instant Messenger?

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
anyone care to add any comments? I'm still debating, but it sounds like meebo is favored over the others. TIA

Technoman

Reaction score
anyone care to add any comments? I'm still debating, but it sounds like meebo is favored over the others. TIA

I also use Meebo, not because it is that great but it is better than anything else I have tried so far. By the way, if you are not aware, Meebo is a DATA based IM client, and does not increase your SMS messages. I have verified this over the last 40 days that I have had my Droid.

The IM client that was on the older Verizon phones that I had (Voyager, LG Touch, ENV) did use your SMS messages exclusively.

I would like to have something that integrates, but keeps each service separate. I hate seeing all of my lists combined into one if I log onto more than one service.

DRILLINDK

Reaction score

I also use Meebo, not because it is that great but it is better than anything else I have tried so far. By the way, if you are not aware, Meebo is a DATA based IM client, and does not increase your SMS messages. I have verified this over the last 40 days that I have had my Droid.

The IM client that was on the older Verizon phones that I had (Voyager, LG Touch, ENV) did use your SMS messages exclusively.

I would like to have something that integrates, but keeps each service separate. I hate seeing all of my lists combined into one if I log onto more than one service.

Ewww, that's a big negative for me.

Technoman

Reaction score

Ewww, that's a big negative for me.

Have over 1000 people in your friends list on Facebook, and try to find the one particular person you are looking for from MSN or other service. It is quite a pain IMO.

QuPop

Reaction score
Wow well here i thought i would suggested a different IM since i use Mundu IM only to discover its not in the marketplace anymore! So this thread actually helped me out :)

Xeight

Reaction score
Im siding with Ebuddy for now, tried out meebo for a while and wasnt pleased with the interface. Ebuddy seems to do it all, you can categorize by name, group, or account type for those who it matters. And ive been using it heavily for the last couple days with no forced disconnects, except maybe when i awoke from a night of sleeping. Only wish is if it could possibly notify me when particular people sign online. All in all great app, easy and fun to use. (anticipate when the general public gets together on this and drives away whole pay per text message monstrosity once and for all!! Unlimited data plan you say?)

Ethan

Reaction score
When I bought Droid. I am very picky with the appearance and stability.

the only 2 apps that stand out was...

Agile Messenger and eBuddy.

I love the appearance of Agile Messenger. Very nice designed user interface and nice bubble chat. very nice design. however there is one minor with that app, it tend to lose connection from time to time. If it weren't that issue, I'd keep using this.

After that, I tried eBuddy. Its very decent app with no issues. I m not crazy about limited settings/options and the chat bubbles design but overall its very stable and nice. I would recommend eBuddy!

I have been using eBuddy last few days now. I keep Agile Messenger installed just in case it get a update that address the connectivity issue. :)

jozhua

Reaction score
I've cycled through many of these for AIM. Right now I'm using Fring which seems to be working well. I've really just wanted something reliable that wouldn't randomly disconnect or miss messages.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Isn't this what GTalk does?? Why not just use that? It's worked good for me...

soops

Reaction score

I too am trying to find out which messenger apps to use. Not too many I know uses Gtalk (overseas contacts mostly used yahoo) so I'm leaning toward trying out ebuddy or meebo. Does anyone know if both clients uses your "sms/text" usage or data only? My sms plan is only 250/mo.

Deano2423

Reaction score
I'm using nimbuzz now, the update added a notification icon and it seems to reconnect fairy quickly now, which was my main problem. It works for both FB and AIM for me

QuPop

Reaction score

I too am trying to find out which messenger apps to use. Not too many I know uses Gtalk (overseas contacts mostly used yahoo) so I'm leaning toward trying out ebuddy or meebo. Does anyone know if both clients uses your "sms/text" usage or data only? My sms plan is only 250/mo.

i use ebuddy and it does not use your sms plan just your data plan. i think meebo is the same way.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
an avid user of meebo. no problems yet :)

dababyfacedg

Reaction score
bbm

is there any app on the droid market that gets on to the bbm network yet?

Royal2000H

Reaction score
bbm is proprietary and closed... so no.

I use meebo, no problems whatsoever. Though some are saying ebuddy is better (don't know why).