Best Case?

dnyc

Reaction score
VZ case is garbage - kickstand is nice, but slippery, ends exposed, plastic is gonna wear out and then phone is gonna fall out, and large profile for extended battery that's just empty space if you don't have one

otterbox is too big

seidio is making a holster/case combo, but they told me it won't have a kickstand, and won't say when it will be
released

body glove is supposedly shipping next week, beltclip/case/kickstand, nice but screen faces out so may be dangerous

other ideas?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
VZ case is garbage - kickstand is nice, but slippery, ends exposed, plastic is gonna wear out and then phone is gonna fall out, and large profile for extended battery that's just empty space if you don't have one

otterbox is too big

seidio is making a holster/case combo, but they told me it won't have a kickstand, and won't say when it will be
released

body glove is supposedly shipping next week, beltclip/case/kickstand, nice but screen faces out so may be dangerous

other ideas?

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this. I love the vz case. Fits firmly, works on all docks, including car. With the front cover on, bottom and top are covered, and even without the front cover/belt clip on the whole front is exposed just as any other case, to me it has a nice textured feel to it. Kickstand works great. Its not huge. And all around looks professional and sharp. Without the front covers on the top and bottom corner are covered, where most damage is done when dropped. Its hard to drop a phone and have it land perfectly flat on the top or bottom. With the front cover on it also looks great, this is just my opinion and I'm a stiggler for perfection. I'm not a big case fan myself, never bought one before.. but being able to use it in the car dock with cover on is great.

GBH2

Reaction score

otterbox is too big

released

other ideas?

I didn't like for the VZW hard shell/ holster either (sorry Shadez :)) I figured I would end up waiting for the Seidio Surface case.

I did find this while looking around - it looks a lot like the Sedio case/holster combo but for less money than the VZW case/holster.

No kickstand and only for regular battery. I might give it a try.

$21.99 shipped - Technocel Snap-On Cover w/ Holster for Motorola Bionic XT875, Black M875HOC

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I didn't like for the VZW hard shell/ holster either (sorry Shadez :)) I figured I would end up waiting for the Seidio Surface case.

I did find this while looking around - it looks a lot like the Sedio case/holster combo but for less money than the VZW case/holster.

No kickstand and only for regular battery. I might give it a try.

$21.99 shipped - Technocel Snap-On Cover w/ Holster for Motorola Bionic XT875, Black M875HOC

No need to appologize :) For me the kickstand was a must, as I like to be able to sit it up and watch videos, and like I said, works with all the docks... like everything else, it all comes down to personal preference and what your happy with ... (Still might post Sly and the family stone's everyday people if CJM doesn't see this 1st) <g>

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score

Why would anyone make (or buy) something that keeps their phone on their hip with the display facing out?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Why would anyone make (or buy) something that keeps their phone on their hip with the display facing out?

Thats one of the reasons I like the one I got from VZW, I slide the front belt clip on and it covers the screen and still isn't big.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Just ordered Incipio SILICRYLIC in white/black dancedroid

GetDynamicImage.aspx

Incipio Motorola DROID Bionic SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core, Motorola DROID Bionic Hard Shell Case, Motorola Droid Bionic Soft Shell Case, Motorola Droid Bionic Protective Case, Motorola Droid Bionic Slim Case

I bought this case in all black and love it. Ive had my phone in and out of the case at least twice a day since i got the bionic on 9/8 and the silicone is still in the same shape it was when i bought it. The only thing i didnt like was that the silicone covers the notification led so i took a small fabric punch and put a hole right through the silicone and voila! a perfect hole. I havent tried to use it with the car dock yet so i cant confirm or deny whether or not it works with the case. All in all im pretty happy with it right now.

BlackDiamond

Reaction score
I bought this case in all black and love it. Ive had my phone in and out of the case at least twice a day since i got the bionic on 9/8 and the silicone is still in the same shape it was when i bought it. The only thing i didnt like was that the silicone covers the notification led so i took a small fabric punch and put a hole right through the silicone and voila! a perfect hole. I havent tried to use it with the car dock yet so i cant confirm or deny whether or not it works with the case. All in all im pretty happy with it right now.

Yeah it is a nice case, and not being able to see the notification light is my only gripe... What kind of punch did you use to punch the hole in it? Can you take a picture of your phone case? I would do it but i want a CLEAN hole all the way through..

vmspionage

Reaction score
I got mine in the other day, it's been great. I ordered a spare just in case I have problems with tearing, but I don't remove my battery often so I'm not too worried about that. Also the white one comes with a medium gray back which I don't really like so I'll probably swap it out for the black one.

vmspionage

Reaction score
Cases are so cheap it's not worth the effort. If you want I'll sell you my $15 Verizon silicone case for 10 bucks ($5+5 for the flat rate bag). I only used it for 1 day :icon_ poke:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Just a heads up guys, if you plan on doing any financial transactions, please discuss/do it via PM :)

Thanks!