Best Case?

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I had the Otterbox defender and only used it for half a day....:blink:..HUGE!!!!!:blink: Makes the damn phone look more like a tablet. If you like chucking your phone and don't mind the size, that baby will do the trick. I am now rocking the standard carbon look silicone case from the verizon store and it fits in the car dock, looks and feels awesome. I do need to push down harder to get the dock to engage the charge usb but other than that noooo problem!

pbcarch

Reaction score
about ready to pull the plug on the bionic my OG droid died...

has anyone found a case that fits with the extended battery??

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
about ready to pull the plug on the bionic my OG droid died...

has anyone found a case that fits with the extended battery??

The shell/holster combo from Verizon fits with the extended battery, but does not work with the car/navigation dock. You can force it to fit in the dock, but I fear breaking something.

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
I'm going with the Otterbox Defender. I work in a harsh environment and need the most protection for my phones. I had a a Defender for the Droid X2 and that thing was solid as a rock. I just need to find a decent price on one, all the sites that sell at a good discount are out of stock at the moment.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This is what I'm looking for, a case, with kickstand, that fits the cardock. I figure I wont need to shell out $50 on $100 or a HD cradle or standard one if it has a kickstand, kill 2 birds with 1 stone..

phatkat66

Reaction score
good luck with that one.... if you find that mythical beast.... lemme know lol

pbcarch

Reaction score
I checked it out today, the verizon shell and belt clip combo does fit with the extended battery & the shell has a kickstand. The shell does not provide complete protection though as it leaves the top and bottom edge exposed.
I think i am going to go with it until someone comes up with a case for the extended battery

detr0yt

Reaction score
Wow SHARP looking case. Be sure to check back in and let us know what you think of it

Took mine back, junk.... Having to change the battery once a day and that thing won't last month, mine already had a Lil tear in only 3 days. Went with combo holster and clip. Not exactly what I wanted, but does do the job 4 now

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I checked it out today, the verizon shell and belt clip combo does fit with the extended battery & the shell has a kickstand. The shell does not provide complete protection though as it leaves the top and bottom edge exposed.
I think i am going to go with it until someone comes up with a case for the extended battery

And you beat me to it, just got back from VZW and this also fits the car dock.. looks great imo... so now I dont need to buy a docking station, just use the kickstand, plug in the charger, connect speakers and I'm good to go ... so I did kill 2 birds with one stone. Also ordered the HD mirroring thing so I can wirelessly control the phone on my pc and tv.. basically a wireless hdmi cable is what it is.

Also bookmarked the forum and made the homepage on all the ones that were turned on :) Had time to kill

Last edited:

BlackDiamond

Reaction score
Took mine back, junk.... Having to change the battery once a day and that thing won't last month, mine already had a Lil tear in only 3 days. Went with combo holster and clip. Not exactly what I wanted, but does do the job 4 now

Yeah I will more then likely take mine back aswell, im not crazy about the fact that the case covers the notification light either..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

holjes

Reaction score
I love my otterbox case. It is a bit bulky but I think I actually like the feel of the phone with the extra bulk. Of course everyone will feel different so if you have the opportunity to get your hands on them first always good to check it out for yourself. I have the Defender series btw.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

vmspionage

Reaction score

That sucks, my primary reason for picking the Incipio was because their iPhone case was so good. Was it starting to tear because you were taking it off to change the battery every day? I keep mine on the charger at work so that's not a problem for me.