Best camera app?

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
I'm trying to pick a good camera app but the three good ones are pretty similar in features and price but i was wondering if anyone had tried these and had any opinions of them? Has anyone tried Vignette, Camera Zoom fx, or Camera 360 Pro?

erikfig

Reaction score
Vignette is really annoying, I installed 360 camera pro today but haven't mess with it yet.

TexasRules777

Reaction score
I've been using camera zoom fx for a few months and other then a few fc's (probably from new roms being put on every couple of days :)) it works pretty good. Using the image stabilizer really helps with the sharpness of pics but beware when you use the zoom it actually shrinks your jpegs to a smaller size then 5mp...good luck

TexasRules777

Reaction score
Yea i tried a few others and they just didn't have the options i was looking for..don't get me wrong the froyo app is better than the 2.1 version..just need more options.

hpNYR

Reaction score
do any of these zoom in with the video camera? cause the droid stock doesnt zoom

lisalisa13

Reaction score
I know there is probably already a thread but couldn't find it, my regular camera bit the dust so gonna have to rely on camera phone only for awhile..so need best camera app available for Christmas pics of the kiddos...suggestions?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Quality Wise? This debate has raged for centuries. Camera Zoom Fx is a good one.

Fun factor wise? Paper Camera. The settings available are just so much fun to play around with.

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Ok cool, have both of those downloaded already, wanted to make sure they were the best :icon_ lala:

bluezdawg

Reaction score
I know there is probably already a thread but couldn't find it, my regular camera bit the dust so gonna have to rely on camera phone only for awhile..so need best camera app available for Christmas pics of the kiddos...suggestions?

I really like Camera Zoom FX (has some cool themed holiday pacs...like Christmas). I use it as my main camera app, pretty pleased with it... also like Vignette for some neat effects. Enjoy!

NickSaul

Reaction score
I would highly recommend Vignette. It's $3.99, but it has tons of settings and options. A bunch of effects and frames too. It works fine on my Bionic.

johnnyrocket

Reaction score
Im really new to this smart phone thing so forgive my asking this but they have camera apps? Are they an expansion of the existing camera software on the phone or used in lieu of?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The camera apps generally have something to offer that the stock app doesn't. Some are minor (like in Camera Zoom FX you don't have to touch the camera button to take a picture, just the screen) to major (quicker focusing, more options). Paper Camera has many effects that you can see before the picture is even taken. There's one camera app that takes 4 pictures, both over and under exposed, and creates a composite. Before the update the apps took care of the lag when taking a picture, but that problem seems to have gone.