Camera flash bouncing back?

Reaction score
I have a question about the camera flash. I have three different camera apps in addition to the stock one and this happens with all of them. If I take a photo in a dark room the flash works fine and I get a reasonably good pic. However, if there is any light in the room I get a real washed out section of the photo towards the light source. This is even if the light source is not in the frame. It is like the additional light is creating too much light if this makes any sense. I have tried all the different settings with no help. In a well lighted room I use no flash at all and the photos turn out very good. Has anyone had this problem or is this maybe just my phone?

Reaction score
I have a question about the camera flash. I have three different camera apps in addition to the stock one and this happens with all of them. If I take a photo in a dark room the flash works fine and I get a reasonably good pic. However, if there is any light in the room I get a real washed out section of the photo towards the light source. This is even if the light source is not in the frame. It is like the additional light is creating too much light if this makes any sense. I have tried all the different settings with no help. In a well lighted room I use no flash at all and the photos turn out very good. Has anyone had this problem or is this maybe just my phone?

It's a known issue that the Bionic camera is crap.

OP
stingrayracing
Reaction score
This is not my first time to the rodeo. I realize that the camera is not as good as some of the others out there. But I primarily use Camera Zoom and get pretty good pics 95% of the time. My only real issue is the flash as mentioned above. Anyone with the same issue?