Best Calender Widget??

QuPop

Reaction score
Does the Pure Calendar Widget (agenda) sync with Google Calendar like CalWidget does?

Yes, it does and if you Astrid it integrates with that and syncs that to your google calender

So;
Pure Calendar Widget makes a "home" screen display of "purely" calendar info,
- lists events entered in Google calendar(s) for your google user ID.
- lists Tasks entered in your Google calendar's "Tasks" area
- lists tasks from Astrid which are not hidden and not completed

and also somehow syncs Astrid tasks with your Google calendar "Tasks", adding Astrid entries to your Google calendar Tasks, and adds Google calendar Tasks entries to your Astrid Task List?

I'm trying to understand before needlessly diving into RTM. I'd rather use the Astrid / Google calendar combo, and Pure Calendar Widget, if it is a needed link.

From what I can tell, Astrid does not presently directly support Google calendar synchronization. It also appears that Google calendar doesn't support the complexities of RTM or Astrid, so it wouldn't be a viable "backup" for Astrid where complex structures were used.

Maybe I should start a new thread for "the To-Do cloud", but this thread is somewhat informative for starters!

So yes it does create a nice widget of various skins and sizes to your home screen.

- It does integrate nicely with google calender(s)
- To be honest i haven't tried how it ties into google task but will do it little bit later
- When you download Pure Calender Widget they provide a link to a custom build of Astrid that does add both completed, pending, scheduled task. Ive used it for couple things so far it works great. The downside the task you enter in Astrid does not sync to Google Task just add them to your calender.

To be honest there are some free calender widgets that are simliar just not as nice looking. Do you know of any app that does integrate gtask?

Last edited:

ronjon444

Reaction score
Where to get Widget downloads

Where are these calendar downloads available?

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
What's the difference between Pure Calendar Widget and Pure Grid Calender Widget?

DebDroid

Reaction score
I use S2 calendar widget. I customize it to match my background and it syncs with the google calendar.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
A vote here for "agenda widget." I find it gives me the most complete information about meetings (picked up from google calendar) including attendees and other info. Not quite as many options for sizing the widget as Cal Widget but I was unable to configure the latter to match the information provided by "Agenda Widget."

KarenElissa

Reaction score
What's the difference between Pure Calendar Widget and Pure Grid Calender Widget?

Pure Cal is an agenda, like a list of up coming events, Pure Grid Cal is an actual calendar, like with boxes for each day. Both good, it just depends on which you prefer.

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
I ended up getting the Pure Grid Widget. I have it set to a monthly view, but it's listing all the Holidays and My Events as the same color. How do I change the color so they're two separate colors or use multiple colors. I emailed the developer (super quick response), but his response was unclear and confusing. I think there might be a language barrier.

black04redline

Reaction score
Is there a way to sync the OEM Calendar on the Droid with Astrid for events that I've already entered into the OEM calendar? I just downloaded Astrid earlier today and am not looking forward to manually re-adding all my events. I've searched and tried to fool with it on my phone but can't seem to find a way to do so. :icon_ nono2:

Thanks in advance.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Pure Calendar Agenda

Pure Calendar Agenda is pretty much amazing. It will let you select WHICH google calendars you want to subscribe to in each widget (great for people like me that subscribe to their friends calendars, but don't want to see ALL of their events). It color-codes the events with little color bars to the left of each event. Lots of options for theme, including transparency, font, and also what information is displayed. You can use any size widget you want, and you can make multiple widgets.

Downsides:
- It seems to require its own data feed - as in, it doesn't use the existing calendar data, it goes to google and obtains its own. Lame if you reboot your phone in a place with no data, because it will just say "loading".
- It does astrid tasks - but does not do google tasks! Ironic, really - google tasks are included in the calendar feed, IIRC from my days of writing gcal_events for Drupal.

Other than those relatively-minor downsides, I really like the app. I keep my own calendar in a small widget on my main home screen and a larger all-calendars on a side screen. Color-coded calendars are very nice, especially since they use the same colors as google's web interface.

shademar

Reaction score
Pic 1, pure cal agenda
Pic 2, pure grid cal

1261037682291.png

1260754232747.png

shademar

Reaction score
Good call! It's part of the old BW package called 'Beautiful Home Smaller'. I actually use the updated version now because I got a bit tired of the flip clock, tho I suppose it lives on in a backup file somewhere.

Home_1262757934570.png

Spartan

Reaction score
Is there a way to sync the OEM Calendar on the Droid with Astrid for events that I've already entered into the OEM calendar? I just downloaded Astrid earlier today and am not looking forward to manually re-adding all my events. I've searched and tried to fool with it on my phone but can't seem to find a way to do so. :icon_ nono2:

Thanks in advance.

I have not found a way with the OEM calendar, but Pure Calendar has an option for this. I've been using for about a week now and it integrates great. Need to unistall Astrid and re-install the version located in the options menu of Pure Calendar.