Best Buy reveals clues of Droid Release

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should be known by now that there probably won’t be much happening with the Motorola Droid until October 28 at the earliest, but according to these screenshots of Best Buy’s system, the retailer might have the phone available early on October 24. Now, the 24 is this coming Saturday, which is a usual inventory restocking day so just because the stores have them somewhere doesn’t mean they will be available for purchase.
But then again you might be able to get one over on an unsuspecting (and untrained) Best Buy wireless sales associate. That is, of course, if you’re willing to pay the $599 no-contract price until it’s officially available from Verizon on October 28. Actually, I’m sure some trust fund d-bags are willing to pay that price just to be the coolest kid in town.

[Source: MobileCrunch]

J

JohnDroid

My guess is that most people won't know about it until the full release. This best buy employee probably wants the phone as well so he was digging around the system.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm.. I'd check with a Verizon store then, this is going to be a huge event when this phone finally gets released.

I tried Best Buy here and they acted like they never even heard of the phone

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i, for one, will be parked outside verizon on the 6th.

rjsurfer

Reaction score
My Verizon contract is up the end of December, so in a way that's good, it will give some time to think about what iteration of the Droid might be best for me.

If my contract was up tomorrow I'd be on line too.

Ron W.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah mine is up in February so i'm just switching it out now. Either way it will be a lot better then my voyager now. lol.