best buy advertising bionic now

OP
D

droidrenegade

Reaction score
I don't think the sales rep new about the add,, and he didn't want to say Idon't know lol
I do think we will hear something this week even if it is bad another delay (SO THE STORY CONTINUES HAS NO END LOL)dancedroid:icon_ banana:

Renae

Reaction score
The ad says to see store for pricing and availability. I had to go to Best Buy for some other stuff so I figured I'd stop by the mobile section whil I was there. he have printouts of the ad so I grabbed one and went to talk to the guy that was working there. It was quite the interesting exchange:

Me: Do you guys know yet when the Bionic will be out
Salesguy: We don't know yet. they pushed it back again. whenever we find out what the release date is we'll have it advertised in our mobile buyers guide.
Me: (opening my copy of the guide to page 3) Oh, you mean like this?
Salesguy(complete & utter clueless look on his face): Well, its um, been pushed back. We'll advertise it when it comes out and you can preorder it to make sure you get it
Me:So I should look for a different advertisement then this advertisement
Salesguy:Yeah, that's just for our Mobile department.
Me: (quite shocked and stunned) umm, so the cellphone department is different than the mobile department?
Salesguy: Yeah, it will be a different advertisement
Me: Ok, thank you

I knew the sales reps were kinda clueless about phones, but wow. I mean wow! I didn't even know what to say to the dude.

This is absolutely hilarious. I really love to stump best buy like that. You can turn it into a legitimate hobby. This story is great.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even worse when I went in to ask a Verizon sales rep I thought was intelligent in the past, I said "Heard much about the Bionic from any Moto reps?" and he said that things not coming out, consider it Big Foot.

Bought my D1 from the guy and he knows me, so it wasn't like he was trying to sell me something else.

rleejr79

Reaction score
I have been following the Google News articles daily regarding this device. The original plan was the 512 DDR2 RAM. Any word if this 1 GB RAM is DDR2 also? I can't find this info anywhere. Granted I could wait, but I am curious. Thanks.