Best android MP3 player/video/gaming non phone?

drunkclever

Reaction score
Looking for something like the Itouch just with Android though... I really don't even know if they make such a thing...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

drunkclever

Reaction score
We got one... but I am looking for something smaller than a tablet... so that I can listen to music at work :)

wcjeep

Reaction score
Daily Steals had the 4" Galaxy player for $125 a few weeks ago. Best Buy did have them in stock. Not sure about right now. There's also used phones on Craigslist. Place the phone in airplane mode. The wifi/bluetooth usually still works in airplane mode. I'd start with the Verizon Samsung Droid Charge. They can be found in good shape for about $100 +/-.

OP
D

drunkclever

Reaction score
Curious... why not something more dedicated... why a used phone? Other than the galaxy player is there nothing else?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
A device like the Galaxy Player is basically a phone without a cellular radio, imo anyway. Buying a used phone, in most cases, is the cheaper route. Also, if something happens to your main phone you'd also have a backup (if you get one that's compatible with your network). Unless they put better external speakers on the Galaxy Player than their Galaxy line of phones, the Player just sells for cheaper because it's not a phone.

And judging from what I see on Amazon, a 4" Galaxy Player costs $235. For that price, you can get a pretty good used phone that does the same thing and more if necessary.