Best 3G used phone to get?

tjm999

Reaction score
Hi all,

My Droid X seems to be getting tired, battery life fading, and just too big for me. What would people recommend for a more recent used phone to look for. I'm currently on a 3G unlimited plan. I'd rather keep that so I was thinking get a used 3G phone, there seem to be lots on Craigslist and Ebay I don't need the latest and am happy with last years technology.

Thoughts appreciated. Tom

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can safely buy a used 4G phone and keep unlimited.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid Forums

OP
T

tjm999

Reaction score
I saw some 2 year old posts on that subject but did not know that was still true. I'll have to dig deeper or if you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. An original Razr might be nice! A phone with custom ROMs is on the criteria also.

Thanks. tom

You can safely buy a used 4G phone and keep unlimited.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid Forums

kobe008

Reaction score
My wife and I both just upgraded from Droid X's to Galaxy SIII's we bought from ebay and kept our unlimited plans.

OP
T

tjm999

Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate the responses. Now to find a used Razr...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks I appreciate the responses. Now to find a used Razr...
You can try a site such as Swappa. I haven't heard any complaints from members who purchased phones from there.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Check out your local swap meet just last week I saw a razr for one bill you'd be amazed what you can find there but before that I would recommend you swing by your local corporate Verizon store get a 4G sim card and then drop by the flea market because that way you can check if you can activate the phone right away. Don't want to buy a phone only to not have it working due to a balance on the phone.

levander

Reaction score
The iPhone 4S is a 3G phone. Apple was late to the 4G game if you remember.

All even somewhat recent Android phones are 4G.

levander

Reaction score
Oh wait, actually the Nexus 4 is a 3G phone. Google said something like they want to make sure they get unlocked 3G right and so were leaving 4G off that phone. Definitely the best 3G android phone! Can get it for $300 brand new.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Oh wait, actually the Nexus 4 is a 3G phone. Google said something like they want to make sure they get unlocked 3G right and so were leaving 4G off that phone. Definitely the best 3G android phone! Can get it for $300 brand new.
I believe OP is on Verizon, therefore, the Nexus 4 is automatically DQ'd

MR.bean

Reaction score
hey check out s2 and lumia both use 3g and battery captivity is high as am using s2