Benchmark Results of Intel-Powered Lenovo K900 Are Phenomenal

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lenovo-K900.jpg

Some new benchmark results are in, and it looks like all of the quad-core and dual-core chips of last year are truly relegated to "old news." Apparently, the new current king of the hill in benchmark performance is neither a Qualcomm, nor a Samsung, nor any of the other more established mobile chipset makers. In fact, Intel, the reigning overlords of the PC world have released their new Clover Trail+ chipset inside Lenovo's newest flagship, the K900, and the first AnTuTu benchmarks for it are off the charts.

According to the benchmarks performed by a couple of different sources, this new chipset hovers between the 25,000 to 27,000 mark on AnTuTu! Just to give you some perspective, the king of performance before this was the Exynos 4412 quad-core inside the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, which scored in the 13,000 to 15,000 range. That's a pretty large deficit, and are phenomenal results. Even the newer HTC Droid DNA which sports the Qualcomm ARM-based Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core CPU only hits in the 13,000 to 14,000 range.

K900-benchmarks.jpg

There's one more shocking fact about these benchmarks... the 32nm Intel Z2580 while running at a blazingly fast 2GHz, is still only a dual-core chip! Now of course, at this point we can only compare to last year's technology, and once the other heavy-weights hit the streets later this year, like the Samsung 8-core processor, Nvidia’s Tegra 4 and Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800, results will likely be less skewed; however, it's impressive to see how much Intel's platform has grown, and just how much head-room they likely still have to grow with future chips. One other point to consider is just how battery efficient these new chips are. It doesn't matter if they have 10x the performance of current chips, if they don't have decent battery life, the trade-off likely isn't worth it. If they have good power-efficiency, we might just have a new contender in mobile chipsets.

What do you guys think of Chipzilla thundering into the mobile world?

Source: AndroidAuthority

eagle923

Reaction score
Like you said in your article, if the battery sucks it won't matter. My i7 laptop is great, but the 90 minute battery life kind of kills it for anything but a desktop replacement. I'll stick with my Razr MAXX until something with stellar battery comes along.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I said way back when the first Intel Atom chip was in a phone (the Droid RAZR M i think???) that Intel is out for blood. I'm not sure they are really late to the game so much as just getting things right.

jayman350

Reaction score
I said way back when the first Intel Atom chip was in a phone (the Droid RAZR M i think???) that Intel is out for blood. I'm not sure they are really late to the game so much as just getting things right.

they are late to the party either way, but if this translates to real world performance like it could, then it doesn't really matter b/c Intel has gone full out Mortal Kombat fatality with these numbers

combatmedic870

Reaction score
they are late to the party either way, but if this translates to real world performance like it could, then it doesn't really matter b/c Intel has gone full out Mortal Kombat fatality with these numbers

I fully agree with everything he has said here^^^^^ :D:D

Them are some impressive numbers there....put a 3000 mah battery on that mug and you are good to go for the day.....hopefully...

Ive been waiting for intel too get into this game. a 5.5 inch phone could essentially replace a pc for alot of things if the app support is there. Im still waiting for dragon dictate to come to the play store.....apple has it :(.....I want it! Why cant i have it! stupid google store and stupid android fragmentation..... and stupid android phones constantly having different processors/gpu's and..... different screen resolutions!!!:blink::blink::blink::blink:

But i love android...... I may have to go to the iphone though....I NEED some of the apps they get due to.....them having the same screen res all the time....same processor and gpu(only changes once a year).....and nearly 0% fragmentation.

......who knows where all of that came from.....i feel better though. :blink: :biggrin:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I fully agree with everything he has said here^^^^^ :D:D

Them are some impressive numbers there....put a 3000 mah battery on that mug and you are good to go for the day.....hopefully...

Ive been waiting for intel too get into this game. a 5.5 inch phone could essentially replace a pc for alot of things if the app support is there. Im still waiting for dragon dictate to come to the play store.....apple has it :(.....I want it! Why cant i have it! stupid google store and stupid android fragmentation..... and stupid android phones constantly having different processors/gpu's and..... different screen resolutions!!!:blink::blink::blink::blink:

But i love android...... I may have to go to the iphone though....I NEED some of the apps they get due to.....them having the same screen res all the time....same processor and gpu(only changes once a year).....and nearly 0% fragmentation.

......who knows where all of that came from.....i feel better though. :blink: :biggrin:

Um, I dictate to my phone all the time. Android Jellybean's voice recognition is amazing on its stock keyboard. I've also used a couple other keyboards and theirs is great too. Check out Amazon's AppStore too if you haven't. I've seen a TON of apps over there that aren't on the Play Store. Its mostly because Google doesn't have as strict guidelines for their store that Apple does and Amazon helps bridge that gap. I prefer the Play Store because of auto updates and what not, but if you need something, check them out too. I personally would never go back to Apple. I'd try Win8 Mobile first.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
and stupid android phones constantly having different processors/gpu's and..... different screen resolutions!!!:blink::blink::blink::blink:

An android app(ROM maybe?) dev can explain this better, but due to the way android is programed, the screen resolution has nothing to do with your argument other then Devs needing to make sure they use high res graphics but that is on the designer side, not the programing side as you seem to indicate.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like you said in your article, if the battery sucks it won't matter. My i7 laptop is great, but the 90 minute battery life kind of kills it for anything but a desktop replacement. I'll stick with my Razr MAXX until something with stellar battery comes along.
Do not confuse a laptop with a smartphone, two different animals, there are a few things on a laptop that kill the battery MUCH faster, the first thing is a MUCH BIGGER screen, cd drives and disk drives to name a few.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
An android app(ROM maybe?) dev can explain this better, but due to the way android is programed, the screen resolution has nothing to do with your argument other then Devs needing to make sure they use high res graphics but that is on the designer side, not the programing side as you seem to indicate.

If that was the truth, the DNA wouldnt be having so many problems with apps due to its new screen res. Most likely the reason for the drop in res slightly in the note 2 from 1280x800 to 1280x720.

Im sorry i took this news thread off of subject, I became instantly frustrated out of no where. Sorry

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
battery > processing power. there isn't much current phones can't do, except last all day. and i'm talking all day being used, not sitting on the desk or in a pocket.