Beautiful Widgets -- Refreshing weather too much?

dpaine88

Reaction score
I could be wrong on this, but I am pretty sure my refresh rate is messed up.

I have it set at 4 hours for "Update Interval".

However, when I open the widget it says "last local refresh" and says a time. It does these "last local refreshes" about every 30-60 minutes. I have it set to update every 4 hours so I'm not sure whats going on.

Shouldn't it be saying "last local refresh" every 4 hours?

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it did the same thing.

cpjr

Reaction score
Hmmm, there is also a refresh when you open the app option, is that checked?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think the local refresh just does things like check the time on your phone to see if it should change the icon from a sun to a moon. I think the refresh rate is how often it will hit the web for new weather info.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would assume LifeIsABeach is right... that the 'local' refresh is BW checking the device time.... I may be mistaken... but I do know that the weather refresh is the one you have set to 4 hours... so it's not going to pull weather information any more often then what you have selected.

OP
dpaine88

dpaine88

Reaction score
I would assume LifeIsABeach is right... that the 'local' refresh is BW checking the device time.... I may be mistaken... but I do know that the weather refresh is the one you have set to 4 hours... so it's not going to pull weather information any more often then what you have selected.

It does appear to be pulling info actually, my widget is updating very often to the exact weather at the time.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

It does appear to be pulling info actually, my widget is updating very often to the exact weather at the time.

hmmm... have you tried sending an e-mail to the developer? Might be something they can help with, or at least be made aware of.

That's definitely odd, and I apologize if I made it seem like it was impossible for your device to be pulling info... it was early :icon_eek:

OP
dpaine88

dpaine88

Reaction score

hmmm... have you tried sending an e-mail to the developer? Might be something they can help with, or at least be made aware of.

That's definitely odd, and I apologize if I made it seem like it was impossible for your device to be pulling info... it was early :icon_eek:

I have not done that. I did make a forum post on their site though. Do you know the dev email? I don't see it on the website.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't see it on the site either. The dev has grown quite a bit since BW first released... I remember the Market having a link to the dev's website, but it appears they have a support website with dedicated staff now...

I think you've posted in the right area... report back and let us know if you get an answer.