Beautiful Widget Weather Forcast

jefbystereo

Reaction score
Say currently it is cloudy, but rain is predicted at 6pm. Will the weather shown on the widget display rain or the current clouds? Is there any way to see the daily hourly forcast?

The reason I am asking is because sometimes I ride my bicycle or motorcycle to work and if it rains I would prefer to drive the car. I dont want to look at the BW and see clouds because its currently cloudy, and think its fine to ride and then get rained on because it is supposed to rain for the rest of the day.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Say currently it is cloudy, but rain is predicted at 6pm. Will the weather shown on the widget display rain or the current clouds? Is there any way to see the daily hourly forcast?

The reason I am asking is because sometimes I ride my bicycle or motorcycle to work and if it rains I would prefer to drive the car. I dont want to look at the BW and see clouds because its currently cloudy, and think its fine to ride and then get rained on because it is supposed to rain for the rest of the day.

I'm not sure if you can view an hourly forecast. I think, however, that you will see rain drops or snow flakes, if that is the forecast.

Here is a link (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/8136-beautiful-widgets.html) to a previous thread on BW. Check out the video in the fourth comment.

Mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you look at beautiful widgets temperature and see clouds or such that's the current conditions. Tap on the temperature and you will see a 3 day forecast. There is no hourly forecast.

Go to the market and get the weather channel app (free) for that.

psujames41

Reaction score
I got the update this morning... it's currently snowing where I am but the icon shows lightning. When I click on it, the snow graphic appears. Hmm...

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it talks to some sort of weather service and what eve that weather service says at the time BW checks is what is displayed in your widget.

-=Jason=-

psujames41

Reaction score
it talks to some sort of weather service and what eve that weather service says at the time BW checks is what is displayed in your widget.

-=Jason=-

Right, but the widget says "snow showers" but it's displaying lightning. It's mixed up.

kygator1

Reaction score
Unless i'm incorrect the google news and weather widget has a hour by hour graph that you can slide to forcast for the day.

butch350

Reaction score
When you look at beautiful widgets temperature and see clouds or such that's the current conditions. Tap on the temperature and you will see a 3 day forecast. There is no hourly forecast.

Go to the market and get the weather channel app (free) for that.

You'll get a hourly weather forecasts with, "Weather Bug Elite".

camcrobe

Reaction score
Same thing with me.

I fixed it by removing and resetting the widget. Now correctly shows the heavy snow we are experiencing in upstate NY.