Beautiful widget question....

Reaction score
brett, good luck on getting that widget made. its a great lookin digital clock, and the flip style is very nice too. lookin forward to being able to download that digi clock!

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
So I got an update to change it to the new version and it looks nothing like that? Can we change the style formating to the digital one??

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i hope this will be released soon =]....digital looks awesome would like the weather animations to stay those are my fav. =]

Reaction score
So I got an update to change it to the new version and it looks nothing like that? Can we change the style formating to the digital one??
No. Brett submitted that as a design, but the developer nixed it. It will either have to wait until the widget can be skinned (but can skinning change the widget "hot spots"? - if not, Brett's design won't be compatible with the layout of the current BW), or Brett will need to learn the programming or get with a developer that can churn out a widget using his design.

Hopefully something comes together soon because I really want that on my home screen.

myriad46

Reaction score
So, if we like the Old "illegal" beautiful widget, is there a way to exclude it from being checked for updates? It's very hard to not just accept all the update requests, which I am happy to be getting, but still like the original widget...

Reaction score
if you "have" the old beautiful widgets all you need to do is back it up with somethin like ASTRO and update...if you dont like it and wanna go back to the old version you just uninstall BW and re-install the backed up version from ASTRO...

otherwise you'll have to download an old version off the web somewhere...then you can do the same (update to the new one and un/re-install to the old one if you want) since the apk for the old version will be on your sd card separate from the one you download from the market.

myriad46

Reaction score
Thank you, but that wasn't my question. I have it. It's backed up. I am using it. Marketplace keeps bugging me to update it to the "new" version. I don't want to update to the new version and want to keep the old version. I am currently achieveing this by ignoring the update requests. This is getting annoying, because whenever any other app wants to get update, Beautiful Widgets is on the list also. Is there a way to exclude individual apps from receiving update requests from Marketplace?

Reaction score
sorry dont know an app that skips updates, i doubt it's a very much requested app..

try to update, uninstall, re-install backed up version...i doubt it will ask you to update a backed up version. or just update the ones you want to update and hit clear on the task bar...you wont see update available unless you go to your downloads page in the market.

i never have updates pop up more than once and/or bug me, if anything i have to go to my downloads page to see if anything needs to be updated since it doesnt show me all the time..

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't believe you can ignore the updates. Blame HTC for messing up Beautiful Widgets..... lol

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I don't believe you can ignore the updates. Blame HTC for messing up Beautiful Widgets..... lol

Yes you can ignore them. Go to the Market then Menu>Downloads, once the dowmloaded apps are up, Menu> Notifications > select "Do Not Notify Me". But I am pretty sure you can't just ignore one particular app, it is all or nothing.

Actually I am happy HTC did it, eventually we will have a more "Droid" like program that looks Droidish instead of HTCish which is a good thing IMHO.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yes you can ignore them. Go to the Market then Menu>Downloads, once the dowmloaded apps are up, Menu> Notifications > select "Do Not Notify Me". But I am pretty sure you can't just ignore one particular app, it is all or nothing.

Actually I am happy HTC did it, eventually we will have a more "Droid" like program that looks Droidish instead of HTCish which is a good thing IMHO.

yea it's all or nothing... thanks for clarification so no one gets confused. You can ignore but not individual apps.

I agree Droid should carve it's own look, forget HTC.

harleyrk99

Reaction score
Purchased but won't install:

I purchased beautiful widget for my DroidX and it works beautifully, I then purchased it for my wife's moto droid, it wouldn't install, I tried numerous times. I ended up refunding it. I waited a couple of days and tried again, it says purchased but won't install. I tried clearing the cache, rebooting, etc... but still will not install and because I have refunded once they will not allow me to refund again.
Any ideas?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I purchased beautiful widget for my DroidX and it works beautifully, I then purchased it for my wife's moto droid, it wouldn't install, I tried numerous times. I ended up refunding it. I waited a couple of days and tried again, it says purchased but won't install. I tried clearing the cache, rebooting, etc... but still will not install and because I have refunded once they will not allow me to refund again.
Any ideas?

Is it stuck on "authenticating"? When I ordered BW it stayed like that for a day or so, but eventually downloaded. Others have reported similar problems. It should download and install eventually.

harleyrk99

Reaction score
Beauutiful Widget

Originally Posted by harleyrk99
Any ideas?

Is it stuck on "authenticating"? When I ordered BW it stayed like that for a day or so, but eventually downloaded. Others have reported similar problems. It should download and install eventually.

No, it says purchased, but if I click on it it goes to install, I click on install and it goes through the screens but keeps saying download unsuccessful. I'll give it a couple of days and see if it eventually installs. Thank you for your reply.