Be aware of these car mount issues Droid1

iks

Reaction score
Maybe someone has solutions but the following are annoyances of the Droid 1 car mount from Motorola.

1. You need to manually connect (and disconnect) the power cable to the Droid itself, not the cradle.

2. You need to manually connect (and disconnect) the audio cable to the droid itself, not the cradle

3. My screen does not stay lit and unlocked during music playback, forcing you to press the power button, unlock and then access the apps. That makes it all too easy when you are getting out of the car for a quick stop and forgetting that the music app is still running while the car radio is turned off.

4. The power button is fighting the audio cable for position...it is not easy to find the power button with the audio cable in place.

Any better solutions or experiences? My suspicion is that the car dock is supposed to behave differently and stay lit and active.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
I

iks

Reaction score
I mean't to be aware, not beware. The mount does have its good points.

motoconvert

Reaction score
You should be able to check the option "stay awake" in your music players settings. Try that and let me know how that works for ya...

As far as manual connecting, that's the price we pay I guess...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any better solutions or experiences? My suspicion is that the car dock is supposed to behave differently and stay lit and active.
Nope but Tasker can help with that.

ProClip has a powered Droid dock that you can hardwire but it doesn't have an audio connector. I don't know how any dock can automatically connect microUSB and audio just by sliding the Droid in since the connectors are on 2 different sides.

I mean't to be aware, not beware.
It's basically 6 one way, a half dozen the other.

detroitwilly

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with the Motorola Car Mount for Droid X?
I ordered it and put it into the mount naked. It would turn to car dock and perform everything correctly but would not charge. I had to pull the phone forward towards me in order to make the "charge light" come on. Once I pull it forward there was no way to close the top part to secure it in.

I sent it back and I'm hoping that this isnt a re-occuring problem.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

MS2SF

Reaction score
Will the Droid 1 fit into the Droid X car dock?
Will the Droid 1 fit into the Droid X multimedia?

harrellj

Reaction score
Will the Droid 1 fit into the Droid X car dock?
Will the Droid 1 fit into the Droid X multimedia?

No to the first (outer dimensions aren't even close) and highly unlikely to the second (magnet placement being the big issue, but also the side contour of the phone vs the dock).

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

gthomp10slc

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with the Motorola Car Mount for Droid X?
I ordered it and put it into the mount naked. It would turn to car dock and perform everything correctly but would not charge. I had to pull the phone forward towards me in order to make the "charge light" come on. Once I pull it forward there was no way to close the top part to secure it in.

I sent it back and I'm hoping that this isnt a re-occuring problem.

Has anyone had a similar problem?
I had the same issue. I discovered that if you loosen the screw on the back of the car mount three or four turns, that allows the USB connector to wiggle back and forth. Since doing that, it works great and charges the phone as long as it's plugged in.