Droid 2 Car Dock Review

rustynutzz

Reaction score
Well it's not so much a review as it is just a few thoughts about my new Droid 2 Car Dock.

First off I love the new car dock. You can use it with a case on your phone, without a case on the phone and also with the original Droid which my wife has. It comes with all those adapters in the box. It also comes with an Auxiliary audio cable but no charger.

You put your phone in the cradle and it just slides perfectly in place. The same goes with pulling it out, very easy, just push open the top lever with your thumb and pull it out. One handed insertion and removal makes it great.

So I used it yesterday with the GPS and the aux cable connected which made it go through your existing car speakers and it worked perfect. The best thing is if you like speakerphone like I do instead of Bluetooth, it goes through the car speakers which helps improve the volume.

Another application I used it with was the Live TV. I had to leave in the middle of my game yesterday so I took my Droid and popped it in the dock put on ESPN2 and connected the aux cable to my radio. So my wife watched the game while riding with me and I could hear it perfectly through the speakers.

For $29.99 it was well worth it. There are a couple of other features i'm sure I haven't covered but I just wanted to share my experience with the car dock. Hope this helps someone out there. Long Live The Droid!!!!

gdemkow

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Who/what/where is the Car Dock of which you speak for $29.99. Looking around I can't find anything for less than about $38.

Thanks!

-Glenn

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I love the car dock! I was told by the Verizon salesperson it was $39.99 which kinda surprised me.......before I found out what it could do with the phone. So I go get it, got 25% off because of my company discount and used $30 in gift cards I won at a Verizon store. So $2.52 was all I paid.......dancedroid

Only way to go in a car, well unless you use bluetooth (my truck isn't equipped with it).

harv2000

Reaction score
I found this one for $17 on Amazon, and it's prime.

Amazon.com: Motorola DROID OEM Window Mount: Cell Phones & Service

I just don't know if I can trust that suction cup.

This one is fine for the Droid 1, but won't work with the Droid 2 (the D2 body is too different. Once you have this though, if you don't like the suction cup (I don't) simply remove the arm assembly from the back of the holder and place the holder on any one of a dozen other types of mounts (dashboard, vent, steering wheel (I kid), etc.). The ball that connects the mount to the holder socket is essentially a universal connection.

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
i donot want to have to take my cover off each time
is there a car dock out there that can be used
WITH your DX cover ?