BB like profiles

tennvol

Reaction score
One thing I miss about my BB is the profiles. Especially to mute all emails, SMS, MMS, etc and vibrate on calls. Is there a app that does that?

flash24

Reaction score
Sure does, it's called Audio Manager. I got the Free version, it works just fine.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

StingRay

Reaction score
I've been using an app for some time called "Setting Profiles"...it allows you to create profiles based on time of day, location, etc....

I've created profiles for Home, Office, and Night....lets you vary ringtones, vibrate y/n, even wallpapers....

johnpalley

Reaction score
is there a option for vibrate+ring only if in holster option like the blackberry curve i used to have?

OP
T

tennvol

Reaction score
Tried to search for Audio Manager in the market and the only thing I found was something that monitors your audio volume. Is that the right app?

google123

Reaction score
I use AudioGuru. I have the widget on my main screen and can switch from loud to medium to work to calls only with a single click :) works like a charm. There is also an auto setting where u can set@ what time the phone auto switches the profiles but I think u have to pay for that. I just stick with the manual profiles.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

StingRay

Reaction score
is there a option for vibrate+ring only if in holster option like the blackberry curve i used to have?

I forgot about that option...that was something I used when I had my last Blackberry...

so far I haven't been able to locate a feature in Setting Profiles, or any app that has that available....I'm not sure that any of the Droid phones have the ability to recognize when they're in a holster like the Blackberries....

if I remember correctly it was a magnet that triggered that in BB...similar to the magnet that triggers the home dock or car dock on the original Droid...

johnpalley

Reaction score

I forgot about that option...that was something I used when I had my last Blackberry...

so far I haven't been able to locate a feature in Setting Profiles, or any app that has that available....I'm not sure that any of the Droid phones have the ability to recognize when they're in a holster like the Blackberries....

if I remember correctly it was a magnet that triggered that in BB...similar to the magnet that triggers the home dock or car dock on the original Droid...

this was one of my favorite things about the curve i used to love. we need an option for this on the pro if anyone knows one?

google123

Reaction score
The Droid Pro has a setting listed under the display settings called In-Pocket detection. Enabling this will enable one of the sensors just above the Motorola logo. When the phone is in an upright position, and apparently if you lay the phone down on a table it wont work. If you look closely right above the logo, a very dim light can be seen. If you place your finger close to the sensor the screen will turn off and the phone will go back to the lock screen. Using this setting and placing the phone into a pouch will work similar to the BlackBerry's in-holster setting. dancedroiddancedroid

johnpalley

Reaction score
The Droid Pro has a setting listed under the display settings called In-Pocket detection. Enabling this will enable one of the sensors just above the Motorola logo. When the phone is in an upright position, and apparently if you lay the phone down on a table it wont work. If you look closely right above the logo, a very dim light can be seen. If you place your finger close to the sensor the screen will turn off and the phone will go back to the lock screen. Using this setting and placing the phone into a pouch will work similar to the BlackBerry's in-holster setting. dancedroiddancedroid

im not talkin about putting the phone in a pouch. im talking about the plastic holster that you snap the phone into. the thing is too that in the holster the way i wear it its not sitting upright, its sitting on its side on my belt if you know what i mean. the top of the phone is facing toward my front pocket. will this function still work?

google123

Reaction score
If you have a holster where the phone snaps in with the display toward the holster instead of facing out it should still work because the sensor will still notice that something is in front of it.

nvm. I just tried turning my phone from vertical to horizontal keeping it in the same plane and what happens is when the phone gets to about 45 degrees, i can see that dim light above the Motorola logo shut off and the sensor doesnt sense my finger near the logo to lock the phone. dam.

Last edited:

johnpalley

Reaction score
If you have a holster where the phone snaps in with the display toward the holster instead of facing out it should still work because the sensor will still notice that something is in front of it.

nvm. I just tried turning my phone from vertical to horizontal keeping it in the same plane and what happens is when the phone gets to about 45 degrees, i can see that dim light above the Motorola logo shut off and the sensor doesnt sense my finger near the logo to lock the phone. dam.

thanks. damn! that would of been a great function to have. ive missed it ever since i switched from the curve to the tour

google123

Reaction score
Only way I can think of right now would be if your holster had a swiveling clip. LOL. You could swivel the holster up, slide the phone into it, locking it using the phones In-Pocket setting that we have been discussing, and then just swiveling the holster back to the horizontal position. LOL

kilofox

Reaction score
Tasker blows away all aforementioned apps away IMHO :)

It does much more than auto-profiles.