Battery widget

DethDroid

Reaction score
I use Bada$$ Battery Monitor ( replace "$" with "s" ). It also has a nice little icon on the status bar and in the pull-down it gives you access to the full application. It has great stats and you can even see the power usage profiles of each application. It also shows you how much percentage if time the radios used power and at what signal levels that power was used.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat are you using the free version or pro? Thanks :biggrin:dancedroid

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
FoxKat are you using the free version or pro? Thanks :biggrin:dancedroid

Free ATM, but like others will eventually reward the DEV. I buy very few apps, not because I don't like the ones I try, but because there's often better ones out there already and with 500,000+ apps, it's hard to find the best of every utility. So I try and try. I've personally gone through over 4,000 apps since the D1, then the D2, and now the RAZR. I also have a complete history of every app I've tried, AND since installing Appmonster on the D1 (and the others), I have every version of them from initial to current in archive, since before I do any updates, I run backup on Appmonster. That way if an app falls off the grid (as many good ones have), I can still reinstall on later phones or after upgrades/restores.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Free ATM, but like others will eventually reward the DEV. I buy very few apps, not because I don't like the ones I try, but because there's often better ones out there already and with 500,000+ apps, it's hard to find the best of every utility.

I did end up getting the paid version of Bada$$ Battery Monitor and I never unchecked the "send anonymous information." I've also recommended it to others (saying that FoxKat recommended it).

One interesting thing about paid vs free apps. There was something in the News part of this forum that said that ad-supported "free" apps may use a bit more power than the paid version as the app will be polling for the ads. Obviously this won't matter for many apps because it's either an app that uses data anyway or you don't use it for a long time. However, imagine playing an ad-supported version of Angry Birds to pass the time because you don't have a good data signal for web surfing. If the article is true, the battery would go down faster than playing the ad-free version.

That being said, I use the free app if it's something that uses data anyway or I have it on for just a short while. I pay if I want to support the developer or the paid version has more to offer. I'm not rooted, so I can't use an Ad-Blocker app, but I hear that only prevents the ad from being displayed, not the polling for that ad.

There's some info at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ndicates-ads-apps-cause-70-battery-drain.html, http://www.cmswire.com/cms/customer...batteries-faster-consume-more-data-014914.php and http://www.androidauthority.com/ad-suported-android-apps-battery-drain-65716/