Battery usage numbers changed.

Ayyrock

Reaction score
So I just woke up a few minutes ago and I checked my battery usage and I was at a little over one day. Then I decided to go on instagram and while on instagram, my phone froze and I had to do a force reboot. Once it turned back on I checked battery usage and it dropped to 16 hours 40 minutes but the percentage stayed the same. What in the world happened?

Last edited:

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
I seriously think something is wrong with your phone. Is it still under warranty? If so go get another one and see if it is any better.

OP
A

Ayyrock

Reaction score
I seriously think something is wrong with your phone. Is it still under warranty? If so go get another one and see if it is any better.

It should still be. How do I know if it's still under warranty? I bought it January 4th I believe.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Don't jump to that conclusion that your phone needs returned. Wait for another charge cycle or two and see if the timer corrects itself. An occasional freeze is not the end of the phone. Besides, if the battery timer is off and the rest of the phone works just fine, is it really that big of an issue? I'm sure your phone will be right as rain in no time.

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
Don't jump to that conclusion that your phone needs returned. Wait for another charge cycle or two and see if the timer corrects itself. An occasional freeze is not the end of the phone. Besides, if the battery timer is off and the rest of the phone works just fine, is it really that big of an issue? I'm sure your phone will be right as rain in no time.
He's having other issues he posted about in another thread. That is why I suggested getting it replaced. He is hardly getting much life out of his battery compared to the rest of us. I have had my Maxx for less then two weeks and I am getting over 50 hrs of use which the OP can't even get close to and has had his for awhile longer. I am thinking a glitchy phone and possible replacement. OP, your phone is still under warranty. I would just go back to get a new one.