Battery Usage (Android OS)

mkw87

Reaction score
I flashed Squidly's v2.3.20.2 fullblur ROM last night and had a question about battery life. I was previously running another ROM and getting about 14-16 hours of battery life depending on usage.

Today, my first full day with this ROM, I only got 8 hours and it was at 5%. The weird thing was when I checked the battery manager over 50% of the usage was by "Android OS". Also, I've been playing computer games all day so I rarely used my phone at all. The Android OS stated it had 1 hr 50 min of CPU time, sent 12 kb, received 272 kb.

Any thoughts? I wiped data/cache when I flashed and have not had any other problems, but 8 hours of battery life is too little.

Reaction score
Running squids .2 all day full force and sitting at 50% battery with no charge time. I only have bits and pieces of blur installed though, but all my email and apps are set to sync background on performance battery saver mode meaning no restrictions on data

OP
M

mkw87

Reaction score
I'm not using any of the blur stuff except 3 contact widgets. I'm charging now and I am going to try wiping battery stats to see if that helps, but I doubt it. It is also taking longer to charge than I'm used to, but could just be me.

Reaction score
If you're gonna clear battery stats and dump davlik you'll want a full charge first for sure.

Also try running the battery saver low voltage script.

Mike55

Reaction score
Since flashing .2 I have noticed a huge increase in battery life. Im not OC'ed or anything. No need to be. I do all the same things that I have done befoe and it lasts a lot longer.

Right now I have 60%, I have been on the web, playing games, facebook, widgets.

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That is really odd it is usually around 10 to 16 percent on android OS per battery manager try wiping battery stats but that is unacceptable battery life I have a bad battery from my og droid and I at least get 12 hours from it. Do you overclock at all?

xXFlashXx517

Reaction score
Since flashing .2 I have noticed a huge increase in battery life. Im not OC'ed or anything. No need to be. I do all the same things that I have done befoe and it lasts a lot longer.

What do you mean by flashing to .2?
Sorry Im new to the boards and the Droid2...
But Ive already rooted it, installed Suidly Blurr using Droid2 Bootstrap and have ROM Manager.

Mike55

Reaction score

What do you mean by flashing to .2?
Sorry Im new to the boards and the Droid2...
But Ive already rooted it, installed Suidly Blurr using Droid2 Bootstrap and have ROM Manager.

When I flashed squidlys 2.3.20.2 Rom. the .2 os the nevest version of his rom

Reaction score
I've been using .2 since it was released... had good bat life... but I followed these directions and now my battery life is awesome...
1. Charge your phone to 100%
2. Wipe Battery Stats
3. Let your phone discharge at normal to lite usage until it shuts off...
4. Turn on...(It will probably go into recovery)... reboot
5. Charge your phone to 100%
6. Enjoy a much longer battery life...

**I've done this on 5 droid/2/G's and they all showed great improvement on battery life... D2 more so than the G....

xXFlashXx517

Reaction score
How do I reset my phone to its original setting... like how it came when it was out of the box with all the apps and those other files pre-installed?
I never tested it because the moment I got it I rooted it and flashed .2

So far my batter though goes from 12-16 hours of use.
Right now its at 40% and been running for 13hr and 6min
Ive been texting, sending pix, on the internet for the passed 4 hours constantly too.
So im pretty satisfied with the battery life but I wanna test how it was before rooting and flashing .2.