Battery sucks

Wadman

Reaction score
I can't understand how in the world all of these people are claiming to get 3-4 days of use out of their phone. I am rooted...liberty rom..honeycomb theme. I overclocked using dx overclocker and have it set to battery saver or whatever. I send about 20 texts a day and use about 10 minutes a day for voice. I rarely tether and I don't use the interenet a ton and I am luck to get 10 hours out of mine. I just replaced the battery to see if that was it. Charged it to full before using it...and still have the same issues. I don't have any accounts pulling information except facebook. I have limited apps. Maybe all of you are in a better service area than I am and maybe my phone is working harder to get a signal...I have not clue...It just flabergasts me when ppl get on here an talk about these insane battery stats.......

Edit: Other than the battery, I love my DX. It flies and does everything I need. In all honesty I don't need my battery to last that long. As long as it gets me through my work day, then I'm good. I was just saying I cannot believe that some of you can go 2 full days without charging....not saying you are lying, just saying that is awesome....and it must be nice!!! :)

Last edited:

aikiboy2k

Reaction score
Just replaced my extended battery (down to 19% after 6 hours) with my original battery to get through the rest of the workday.

I don't get it....

en28so

Reaction score
We all get different results. I have the extended battery from verizon and can squeeze about 8 to 9hrs of life from it, while web surfing, listening to music through my stereo bluetooth, texting and two five minute calls. And that's with auto sync, background data and wifi all off. Gps off, brightness at 15%. My number one battery killer : 3g web surfing. I loose about 10% every 30 minutes.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

turdbogls

Reaction score
for everyone with extended batteries, make sure you set it up correctly. you have to wipe battery stats i believe so the system reads the correct % left. it may say you have 20% remainin, but you may have more.

I can't understand how in the world all of these people are claiming to get 3-4 days of use out of their phone. I am rooted...liberty rom

I think liberty ROM is you problem. i am also not in a great service area, i dont loose signal ever but it is never really that great. anyway, i ran liberty for a month or so, and after normal usage, maybe 5 texts and about 10 minutes of talking, random e-mails, FB checking, we browsing, photo downloading and taking ect. i would be down to 15% at the end of the day (about 12 hours)

i have since changed to Apex 1.4.1 due to some random reboots and what not. i am getting INSANE battery life. same useage as liberty, and when i dock my phone for the night, i am right around 50% if not more.
also, i am not overclocked, use auto brightness all day, wifi on when at home, off when at work, GPS off BT off. no task killers ect.

i am sure you love liberty (i liked it too when i ran it) but if battery life is that much of a deal to you, you should give apex a shot....its a blur ROM, but it has the best battery life i have ever seen out of a custom ROM.

Wadman

Reaction score
for everyone with extended batteries, make sure you set it up correctly. you have to wipe battery stats i believe so the system reads the correct % left. it may say you have 20% remainin, but you may have more.

I can't understand how in the world all of these people are claiming to get 3-4 days of use out of their phone. I am rooted...liberty rom

I think liberty ROM is you problem. i am also not in a great service area, i dont loose signal ever but it is never really that great. anyway, i ran liberty for a month or so, and after normal usage, maybe 5 texts and about 10 minutes of talking, random e-mails, FB checking, we browsing, photo downloading and taking ect. i would be down to 15% at the end of the day (about 12 hours)

i have since changed to Apex 1.4.1 due to some random reboots and what not. i am getting INSANE battery life. same useage as liberty, and when i dock my phone for the night, i am right around 50% if not more.
also, i am not overclocked, use auto brightness all day, wifi on when at home, off when at work, GPS off BT off. no task killers ect.

i am sure you love liberty (i liked it too when i ran it) but if battery life is that much of a deal to you, you should give apex a shot....its a blur ROM, but it has the best battery life i have ever seen out of a custom ROM.

That might be it. I can remember before I rooted not getting much better battery life than I do now. But, if I want to try Apex, how do I get rid of Liberty? Do I download Apex....do a factory reset, and then load it through Clockwork?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
If, and its a big if IMO, you think Liberty ROM is your battery problem, I would highly recommend giving Kejars Battery Fix Test Patch a shot...follow all the steps indicated in the first post in the thread.

Personally...I love Liberty..as does my phone and battery...:)

38868367767767512668.png

Aiwa

Reaction score
The solution is to always have a charger with you. Car, Home and work. That will keep your phone always charged and battery life lasts longer if it always stays over 75 percent. That's what I do and my battery is still good for about 8 hours fully using if I ever get in a situation where I can't charge for that long.

turdbogls

Reaction score
That might be it. I can remember before I rooted not getting much better battery life than I do now. But, if I want to try Apex, how do I get rid of Liberty? Do I download Apex....do a factory reset, and then load it through Clockwork?

yes, DL apex and place on SD card. boot into clockwork, wipe data and cache and dalvik cache (thats in the advanced menu) while your at it, and install apex and give it a shot. i got probably a 50% increase in battery life over liberty....but like they always say, every phone is different

DMFA

Reaction score
No one ever gives Darkslide credit, but my battery is usually around 40% at the end of the day with moderate use before I plug it in at night.

I recommend Quick Clock Advance for voltage configuration once you root. It finds the minimum possible voltage at 300 mHz (min speed), then determines max speed, and configures the rest. Mine runs at 14 VSEL most of the time; stock is in the 30s.

The two things that burn battery across almost all devices are display and data, so screen brightness and data use are huge.