The phone:
Samsung GT-S7560M Galaxy Ace X
Android 4.0.4
Wifi: off
GPS: off
Power Saving: on
Bluetooth: off
Sync: on

My phone is only lasting 9 hours on a full charge! This is with minimal usage, low screen brightness, etc. I even put the phone in airplane mode for a few hours so it would last longer

I did a hard reset to try and solve the issue but to no avail. I looked all over the forums and tried uninstalling apps, getting a new battery, turning off features, etc, but this doesn't help.

How do I fix this? I don't understand how I can be having this issue immediately after a factory reset... could it be a hardware issue? (the battery was fine until all of a sudden one day it started draining quickly. Also a new battery performs just as poorly so I'm thinking this isnt a battery issue.)

Please help!

photo.JPG

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
A hard reset?? Um.. As in powering off and back on? I'd say you need to do a factory data reset... That should probably fix this

You've done one already.. But did you have the device set to restore your settings?? I've had this issue with a moto device.. I'd guess that Samsung can have it too

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Have you restored the phone using Samsung Kies on your PC? Sometimes a full firmware reinstall helps if you have ever taken an OTA update.

You could also try to reflash the previous version of the software by putting your phone into Download Mode and flashing the firmware from your PC using Odin. Then accept the latest update and monitor it again. If you get the same problem after that you could flash the full 4.0.4 using Odin as well.

If this behavior happened after receiving an OTA it is quite possible that 4.0.4 contains the Android Bug that has bitten many Galaxy devices before.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I just checked and it looks like 4.0.4 is the only firmware ever released for the phone so if you didn't have this problem before I would flash the entire firmware from scratch.

OP
M

martinf

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GT-S7560M
I just checked and it looks like 4.0.4 is the only firmware ever released for the phone so if you didn't have this problem before I would flash the entire firmware from scratch.

So I used Kies to reinstall the firmware from scratch.. battery issues persist.

I took the SIM card out and the battery performed much better, i.e. used about 50% battery over 16 hours.

I'm thinking of abandoning the phone, cause nothing's worked so far. Thanks for the help!!

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
To be honest.. factory reset with SIM inserted.. Then turn the phone off and remove. Factory reset one more time. When setup appears power off and re insert the SIM and set up. Should be fine

OP
M

martinf

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GT-S7560M
To be honest.. factory reset with SIM inserted.. Then turn the phone off and remove. Factory reset one more time. When setup appears power off and re insert the SIM and set up. Should be fine
good idea, will try.

Thanks!

OP
M

martinf

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GT-S7560M

So, I tried this. Battery is still draining in < 10 hours. I think I'm gonna move on to another phone. A better phone :)

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum Martinf! Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your new device. If you've tried a FDR and that didn't help, why not try getting it replaced under factory warranty? It won't cost you anything and regardless of what device you get, lemons will occasionally pop up. This really is a great device and I think you should try getting a replacement before moving on to another device altogether. (Just a thought)
Good luck and keep us updated on how you make out regardless of which route you take.

S5 tap'n