Battery saving

xdragon50

Reaction score
What actions do I need to take to prolong my battery life.. I know turning off the data manager , gps, bluetooth, and dowlong the app killer.. but idk the rest

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First off the app killer will hurt you in the end. Its not needed as android os handles tasks in its own way.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome - welcome - welcome -

A Task Killer will definitely hurt your battery and O/S performance

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
As others have mentioned get rid of the task killer.

I have data and gps on 24/7 and have no problems with battery life.

Android is not like whatever other device you may have had.

metroplex

Reaction score
I get about 1-2 days of battery life with heavy usage of my Droid 2 using the "Night saver" battery mode.

I get about 3-4 days of battery life with minimal to no usage of my Droid 2 on the Night saver mode.

After reading a "Droid X battery life" thread, I tried the suggestion and tweaked the battery profile to shut off the data after 15 minutes of inactivity for off-peak and peak hours. This extended my standby time to about 7 days. HOWEVER, I found out that it would not register certain incoming calls because the 3G/data was shut off. I would get a voice mail and no missed call message! The other party said the phone "rang" 5 times before he got my voice mail. My phone didn't vibrate/ring at all, and the lack of a missed call in the log confirmed this.

Last edited:
OP
X

xdragon50

Reaction score
there is noway u guys can b serious.. task killer came on my fone y would it not b. Useful let alone do the opposite of what you guys r sayin its supposed to do?? N then ur sayin that power saver u get 7 days?? I don't get over 5hours idk wat ur all talkin about its almost like ur not even talkin bout a droid 2?????????

metroplex

Reaction score
there is noway u guys can b serious.. task killer came on my fone y would it not b. Useful let alone do the opposite of what you guys r sayin its supposed to do?? N then ur sayin that power saver u get 7 days?? I don't get over 5hours idk wat ur all talkin about its almost like ur not even talkin bout a droid 2?????????

My Droid2 didn't come with Task Killer. I can get up to 7 days using the custom power saver settings (15 minute inactivity shuts off data for off-peak and peak hours).

OP
X

xdragon50

Reaction score
There is no way u can get 7 days on ur fone I got my fone on powersaver n it don't last 8 hour let alone days wat do u work for verizon n ur tryina bs me

metroplex

Reaction score
Like I said before, I used custom power saver settings and I provided the parameters above.

I also have shut off WiFi and Bluetooth, but I keep GPS on (it only turns on when the app needs it) along with data. The key to getting up to 7 days standby is to shut off the 3G/data when it is not being used. That uses up quite a bit of juice, but the display brightness should also be set on the lowest setting possible. I use AUTO only when I am outdoors or need to use the Droid2 as a GPS in the car.

The Motorola site says the Droid2 is capable of something like 400 hours standby, which I am not sure how to get this unless everything is shut off (airplane mode, no incoming data/text/calls).

But if I use the Night time power saver mode, I can get up to 3-4 days standby time with minimal usage of the phone. If I make a lot of calls, listen to music, surf the web, and use Pandora, I get about 1-2 days max. I felt this was pretty bad considering my company issued BlackBerry will easily get 7 days of standby time with light to medium usage.

OP
X

xdragon50

Reaction score
Ya that's wat im sayin im thinkin bout buyin the extended battery cuz I turn off my gps and all my location settings all the time and turn off the data manager applications all the time wen not used.. I also have my fones brightness the lowest and my fone set to power saver n I still don't get through a full day its rediculous

metroplex

Reaction score
Which battery profile are you using? Try the max power saver one.

Keep your GPS on, but turn off WiFi and Bluetooth.