Battery running out a lot faster :/ HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

armin369

Reaction score
Ok so last Monday, I went from FRF84B to FRG01B. my phone is rooted obviously and I made no changes to any settings, except buying SETCPU which is supposed to help me with my battery life. Anyways, my battery life was better when I was on FRF84B and after I went to FRG01B it decreased by at least 30%. By 2 or 3, my battery percentage would be around 20-40% where as on my FRF it would be around 60% (this is almost the same amount of use as when I was on FRF)..

I am have been running Chevy ULV 1.25 kernel for a while now and that's what I've been on.

After having the FRG01B for 4 days and seeing how fast the battery is going down, I thought maybe if I change the kernel to P3's 1.0 ghz it would help.. But little I knew, it was still the same..

Anyone else is having this problem or may know how to fix it?

PS. I tried running both without a theme. I also installed FRG01B untouched (but rooted i guess? lol)

Last edited:

Headlocker

Reaction score
Well if you're running at 1.25ghz constantly that will drain your battery a lot quicker. SetCPU doesn't manage your battery for you, you have to pick the optimal setting for you and battery life. Running at about 800mhz is snappy with good battery life. Also, try a low voltage instead of ULV. I had sort of the same problem (although not as much battery drain as you seem to be having) then when I bumped up to LV it was better. I know that sounds silly but give it a shot. Good luck, hope this helped! :)

Last edited:
OP
A

armin369

Reaction score
Well if you're running at 1.25ghz constantly that will drain your battery a lot quicker. SetCPU doesn't manage your battery for you, you have to pick the optimal setting for you and battery life. Running at about 800mhz is snappy with good battery life. Also, try a low voltage instead of ULV. I had sort of the same problem (although not as much battery drain as you seem to be having) then when I bumped up to LV it was better. I know that sounds silly but give it a shot. Good luck, hope this helped! :)

I have the 1.25 in case I want to run it fast for a little bit but I actually run it 600/250. Battery has been better so far. and the LV in ULV stands for Low Voltage. :) :icon_ banana:

Headlocker

Reaction score

I have the 1.25 in case I want to run it fast for a little bit but I actually run it 600/250. Battery has been better so far. and the LV in ULV stands for Low Voltage. :) :icon_ banana:

I knew what the LV stood for, I'm saying bump the kernel up to low voltage instead of ultra low voltage :p But at least you're getting better battery. And I use the same method running on a 1.1 kernel, since for some reason my droid refuses to run anything above that haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.