Battery Performance playing music all day

inthefad3

Reaction score
I am looking to sell my current MP3 player and use my D X as my main music source. Search as I might, I have not been able to find a thread here or in any other site that provides expected battery performance from someone listening to music all day long on their phone. So can a few of you that do this provide a little info into what I can expect if I make this move?

I currently use Winamp but I am not against using another app. I have the standard battery but I am seriously looking into getting the extended battery along with a 32GB micro sd card. I will likely also get a second charger for my desk but I am concerned about the battery for when I am away from my desk or car for a while, like during a flight.

As for my battery's current performance, it is acceptable at best. I do use Tweetdeck and surf the internet all day, watch some videos and play a couple of games. It usually survives my work day from 8AM to 5PM.

Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

Bartl3by

Reaction score
I watch movies and listen to music all day at work. If I leave the phone on stock cpu settings, and just listen to music and surf occasionally, I get about 8 or 9 solid hours out of it till fully dead. Downclocked to just 500mhz and utilizing the brightness mod for the screen, I can squeeze an extra hour from it.

The built in player itself isn't really that much of a drainer, the 3g and screen display is what kills you. The more you can avoid those two, the longer it will last.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Darthberg

Reaction score
I play music and listen to podcasts, surf the web and everything else all day, and on optimal settings on th X I get about 7 good hours. Like th previous post if you adjust your setting you may squeeze some more juice out of it. Although the BIGGEST battery suckubus, like my ex-wife, is the display brightness. It sucks about 85 to 90 % of your battery in my experience

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App