Battery low - Cannot program?

Chillout

Reaction score
I ran into this c2.62 boot issue just yesterday evening, up to that point the droid has been fine. I had about a 50% charge when I set the phone down to watch a movie with the family, about 90 minutes later I pick up the phone to see that c2.62 boot load, low battery, error. So first thing I try is to power off/power on the phone which yields nothing but the same screen. I then try to remove the battery for a minute and then try again; still same screen.

I plug into to charge via computer for about 30 minutes, still again, same thing. At that point I start looking online and see that others have had similar issues and some have had to replace their phones, at that point I'm about to blow a gasket! I had also read that some noticed this after an update was pushed to their phone. I keep on digging and find that leaving it charge for about 2 hours via the ac adapter will usually do the trick, so I try that and again, yes that same blasted screen appears. Normally when you plug it into the wall to charge, the phone will power up, but this time it did not so that was a red flag right there.

So then after I resign myself to the fact that I may need a new phone, I try one last ditch effort by swapping out the actual AC adapter to the Motorola one that came with my phone (for some reason I was using my old LG adapter during this process but it didn't dawn on me that it might be an issue since I hadn't noticed the problem before) . I usually use the Motorold adapter or my PC to charge my phone, but I also have an LG adapter that I occasionally use in a different room. As soon as I did that, the phone powered up and began to charge and since then have had no issues. I left it charge all night and so far today it's been working normal.

Honestly, Im still at a loss as to why this happened, and Im hoping it doesn't happen anymore.

Note to self and others, stick to the Motorola AC adapter to charge via the wall socket.

wiltony

Reaction score
Just want to confirm this. My battery ran down and upon plugging it into my work computer, where I normally charge it, I received this same message. I left it for a half hour thinking it needed to juice up for a bit, but no change.

Finally tried the wall charger (which is LG by the way) and it fired right up.

wiltony

Reaction score
Just want to confirm this. My battery ran down and upon plugging it into my work computer, where I normally charge it, I received this same message. I left it for a half hour thinking it needed to juice up for a bit, but no change.

Finally tried the wall charger (which is LG by the way) and it fired right up.

albar27

Reaction score
This might come a little late, but after running my battery all the way down, I was getting the same 2c.6c message. It would not reboot while connected to the USB cable & pc...I had to plug it to the wall in order to get my phone to restart

MotoDroidCJVA

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am having the identical problem with my Moto Droid.

What's strange is that I charge the phone all day at work without problems (I notice that when prompted if you'd like transfer files from the desktop, if you don't mount
it charges quicker). The only time that I have this problem if I forgot to charge the night before, and come in with a low battery.

IF I let the phone die completely, and then attach to the USB charger I get the same Error 2C.6C. If I go use a Cigg. charger for a 5 mins, then go back into the office and connecting it to the USB it's fine, and will give me a full battery charge.

Logic says that the desktop is not giving enough juice for it to Boot, but that's a guess. I would just use a wall charger, but don't have one here.

Anyone know if there's a power output setting, or how to get my charger to at least boot up?

Thanks guys,

CJ

jdouble777

Reaction score
I do not think that the charger was the issue, although that being the x factor which fixed the problem certainly does add clout to the debate. It seems that in this and other threads pertaining to this problem that it is simply a matter of power down/power on, remove and replace batter/sd card, etc. The problem itself is baffling on such a advanced and near flawless handset. Currently, I have tried all of the gimmicks/tricks/ideas and have had no luck. I will repost when/if my luck changes.

Cheers!
~J

Avalonis

Reaction score
I havent seen an actual reply that worked for everyone, but here's what I got:

I retarted the phone, and while restarting I held the X button, which is supposed to use the factory boot sequence and settings, or so the tech support said.

Worked for me, if you are stuck and tried the others might as well give it a shot.

What a friggin irritating bug.

jdouble777

Reaction score
The answer/solution, at least in my case, was actually the power source. As soon as I plugged my phone into the car charger it was able to get past the boot sequence and thus continue to load and charge.

In order to prevent these nightmares from ever happening again I purchased a combo pack of two batteries and wall charger that you insert just the battery into to charge. It came from the land of the rising sun, which took quite a while, but was VERY affordable ($25?).

In conclusion, I believe that if you are experiencing the problem that started this thread you need to do one of two options: hold X and up on the direction pad to go into the boot menu (details in this thread and others) or find an alternate power source.

Cheers!
Justin