Battery Light

erict

Reaction score
I'm confused?? I read that when the phone is powered off and you plug it into the wall charger the notification light will show amber for charging and solid green when charged. Now when I plug it in, it shows the battery logo on the screen showing the percentage of charge, then goes blank under a minute. Should there be a light in the notification area as well?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What phone do you have?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
What phone do you have?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sorry, DroidX.

Just as a side note, I have never let my battery go below 50% as I always turn it off and plug it in the wall charger when I get home from work.

Last edited:
OP
E

erict

Reaction score
I did find this info so maybe this is correct not seeing any light in the notification area while charging since I never have let mine go below 50% yet.

The DROID X handset has a notification light near the top of the phone.

It is used to provide silent notification and gives several colored alerts.

These are the standard ones for DROID X
  • Blinking Green: You will have a blinking green notification light whenever your screen is off and you have a notification (Email, Text, Voicemail, Missed call) in your notification bar that has not been cleared.
  • Blue: You can an incoming call.
  • Red: Your battery is low.
  • Solid Green: when the battery is low/dead, insert USB/Charging cable will turn on the green LED to show sign of life. The LED will turn off when the battery is charged enough to power up the phone

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
And this......

What happened to the flashing red light when battery is low, red or orange light when its charging, and green light when its fully charged, that most android phones use? Do I have to return mine because it has a defective light indicator. I read the manual but it doesn’t list any of the light notification colors and their meanings when charging… Is anyone out there seeing something different?

Answer:

Ok what exactly are the colors used by the notification light on the droid x when its being charged? Here’s what I know mine does:

When phone is on: Light will flash red when I get to 10% or below, letting me know to plug it into the wall charger. Once plugged, the light will then turn solid red up until its charged to 15%. After that, the light indicator will turn off and remain off even when its fully charged. I never see a light indicator (not even a solid or flashing green light) when its fully charged. Is that normal? The only way I know its fully charged is when I go to press the power button and then the screen will display what its current status is.
When phone is off:
Once plugged into the wall charger, the light will turn solid red (assuming it was flashing red before charging) and will remain red up until its charged to 15%, the light then goes off and remains off until its fully charged (I can check to see how far along its coming by pressing the power button to see an animated battery and how much its filled). It then flashes a green light when its fully charged. Is that normal?

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
Just touching base guy's. Is this how your DroidX's notification light acts as well?