Battery Life?

windstrings

Reaction score
I don't know if the charger turns off and then waits till voltage drops and hits it with another charge and keep cycling or not... or if it just drops the volts enough so amperage stops flowing and holds it there.... but the charging voltage is higher than the resting voltage.

If you install "batterylife" and enable the advance features, you can see the the voltage of the battery is higher after taking off the charger verses laying around a while and then checking.

By holding the voltage high for several hours, it does allow weaker or should I say slower cells to reach the desired voltage so that they all match.

This is not much of a problem with LiIon anyway unless its been without a charge for many days.

But after the dust all settles, if you had it on a charger all night.. it should take till the end of the day under normal use before you are even in danger of a low battery.

I would have the battery looked at.... go look in system and see whats using your battery... if the usage reading does not account for the apparent depletion... I would guess the battery is bad.