Battery Life?

NTRS

Reaction score
Okay so we got a pic of ur battery not being used. I can get more than that on my tbolt in stand by. I'd be impressed if it was under use and had that much left.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

militant

Reaction score
Okay so we got a pic of ur battery not being used. I can get more than that on my tbolt in stand by. I'd be impressed if it was under use and had that much left.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Huh? People are reporting their phones dying in 12 hours with minimal use. I posted to show the phone has phenominal stand-by time WITH background data and all services running in the background as normal. There is NO WAY in hell a thunderbolt is getting 2 days of standby time with all services/data running. Of course you'd be impressed if it was under heavy use with that much left... ITS NOT POSSIBLE.

It's also not like the phones been sitting there either. I've made several short calls, sent a ton of texts, I've read every e-mail I've gotten (I get a lot), and kept up with my social networking. Yeah, I haven't been playing games or streaming video, but I've been using it.

Last edited:

NoBloatware

Reaction score
^ That's crazy..

I'm taking this phone battery back tomorrow, see if a new one works any better. If not, new phone all together I guess.

Did you try a factory reset & don't sync your data (so apps don't install and wifi settings don't get copied over), don't install apps, dial *22899, turn off GSM, run battery all the way til it shuts off then charge all the way?

I did all that upon first receiving the phone. I always run a new phone 100% stock without installing anything for the first couple of days to see if there are any issues. And I of course always run the battery all the way down the first time. My battery life is abysmal.

Might as well try a replacement.

I also read (maybe in this thread) that people were experiencing problems having their old phone on while using their new phone. It drains the battery like mad--but perhaps only if you have a verizon "network extender".

Judypupek

Reaction score
Wow! I only get 6hours on standby with everything off. What am I doing wrong??

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Ragnell

Reaction score
Not sure if it's just me but the more I use my phone the less it drains, the longer it's on standby the faster it drains, I've been using twitter, wordfeud and browsing online with my phone and it has only gone down 10% and this is for about 2.5 hrs now, Maybe standby is killing the phone faster?

obstar85

Reaction score
I have been experiencing both good and bad battery life doing about the same things. The only change is location at my house I have really good signal and the phone will be at about 20% after 30 some hours. If I go down to san diego my phone will be dead in about 8 from constantly searching and changing towers. I love the DROID 3 but they might want to look into the fact that it drains so much faster when its searching for better signals.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^ That's crazy..

I'm taking this phone battery back tomorrow, see if a new one works any better. If not, new phone all together I guess.

Did you try a factory reset & don't sync your data (so apps don't install and wifi settings don't get copied over), don't install apps, dial *22899, turn off GSM, run battery all the way til it shuts off then charge all the way?

I did all that upon first receiving the phone. I always run a new phone 100% stock without installing anything for the first couple of days to see if there are any issues. And I of course always run the battery all the way down the first time. My battery life is abysmal.
Yep, did that. After my dad got off work today though I went back to Verizon and had them look at my phone, and the said I had some "battery saver" app on that was destroying my battery when idle. They unistalled it and my battery life has been pretty great thus far. 3hrs and finally 10% got taken off. Usually 10% is gone after anyway from 30minutes to an hour. So, I'm happy. :)

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Probably some sort of task killer. Task killers are garbage on android.

NoBloatware

Reaction score

Yep, did that. After my dad got off work today though I went back to Verizon and had them look at my phone, and the said I had some "battery saver" app on that was destroying my battery when idle. They unistalled it and my battery life has been pretty great thus far. 3hrs and finally 10% got taken off. Usually 10% is gone after anyway from 30minutes to an hour. So, I'm happy. :)

OK but you said you were running it stock without installing anything.

EDIT: Oops, never mind. A different person said that.

Antivirus is garbage too. You have to be careful and experimental with what you install. A normally great app could get a crappy update and all of a sudden your phone is a mess. I routinely back up apps so I am able to go back to good versions when necessary.

Last edited:

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

OK but you said you were running it stock without installing anything.

Antivirus is garbage too. You have to be careful and experimental with what you install. A normally great app could get a crappy update and all of a sudden your phone is a mess. I routinely back up apps so I am able to go back to good versions when necessary.
I said what? Well no, I must have said something wrong then. I had apps and things on my phone still. so it was probably something brought over from my OG Droid that was on my SD card that messed it up. But yeah, I don't know what she uninstalled specifically, but probably some task killer. I had some, I just never used it. I hadn't known that it ran in the background still I guess. Sorry for the confusion if you thought it was draining from stock-wise right from the out of the store.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Some updates on the battery life/cell standy issue:

One of the moderators/engineers on the Motorola forums commented and said there working on fixes for battery life and looking into the whole cell standby thing. Hopefully something comes out of it, but at least they know about the issue.

compywiz

Reaction score
Some updates on the battery life/cell standy issue:

One of the moderators/engineers on the Motorola forums commented and said there working on fixes for battery life and looking into the whole cell standby thing. Hopefully something comes out of it, but at least they know about the issue.

Thank god. If they get these issues resolved I might just rebuy the phone.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah! Sounds like it'll make the battery life simply amazing.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I said what? Well no, I must have said something wrong then. I had apps and things on my phone still. so it was probably something brought over from my OG Droid that was on my SD card that messed it up. But yeah, I don't know what she uninstalled specifically, but probably some task killer. I had some, I just never used it. I hadn't known that it ran in the background still I guess. Sorry for the confusion if you thought it was draining from stock-wise right from the out of the store.

Oh, I'm sorry. I assumed that you were the same person who said they were running it stock.