rage813

Reaction score
I get about 28 hours of moderate use until i get to 20 percent
i am NOT rooted running stock with motoblur
I have a standard battery NOT extended
I have my brightness at 35 percent
All animations off
Gps, bluetooth, autosync and background sync off
I use wifi when it is available because it saves battery over 3G but i only turn it on when it is available
I use the task manager that came with the phone it is made by motorola so it only helps your phone it wont harm it or drain your battery(it only comes with the D2G and the droid pro)
When i think of what else i do i will edit this post

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

droidster123

Reaction score
I do about the same as rage, except i have brightness all the way turned down always and very rarely use wifi

rage813

Reaction score
It saves battery when its available over 3G trust me. Just make sure you turn it off when you arnt using it

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Easy 24 hours out of my battery. Moderate use during alot of the day (occasional calls, emails, check in on the forum a few times a day and a few texts in between). Screen brightness is usually @ 35% indoors or 100% if outside.

Rooted......... overclocked to 1.3, and runnin squidly ROM.

From a D2.

OP
swagmonster

swagmonster

Reaction score
Would you Gus say that steaming live radio sucks up a lot of juice?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Standard original battery on my non-rooted D2. Use WiFi whenever available. Light user. In metro area with strong signal (makes a difference). Off charger around 5 a.m., by 9 p.m, I got 60% on battery. So I recharge it every night. If I didn't recharge overnight, it would be down to 50% in the morning, and might not make it through the day. IMHO, as long as the battery lasts from the time you get up until the time you go to bed, and you charge it nightly, it's adequate. If it makes it half way through the second day, it's not that much better than making it through the first day, if you have to put it back on the charger mid-day, and it's tethered when you need it.

leakim13

Reaction score
Rage, basically what you described as you phone usage is taking this wonderful suuuuuper smart phone and turning it into what Zack Morris used when inviting us to the Maxx for french fries lol

I NEVER turn off background data, use wifi whenever possible but when inaccessible I use 3g, I'm over clocked slightly under volted, 100/200 incoming & out going texts, ave a hour talking, I'm a minamilist when it comes to home screens, 4 widgets total. 3 screens. Most of these options are critical to maintaining both my professional and personal life effectively.

This being my 4th foray into life with a smart phone (omnia, omnia 2, D1, D2) I've had a lot of practice making sure I rarely get below 80% charge... And am NEVER without an option.

After one accepts that these phones will NEVER do everything they can do AND go days without charging like old school phones did, it's easy to plan around it.

Sent from the Great North Woods.

rage813

Reaction score
At leakim it doesn't bother me though I don't need any of those things and background data too cause I like to check my emails manually. I use my phone mostly for texting internet and this app right now im at 44 hours at 50 percent with light usage

bigdad84

Reaction score
ive been having good battery life. i recharge daily. it was off the charger at 5 am and back on at 9pm with about 5% left. it was my second day owning the phone and i am really impressed with the battery life so far

OP
swagmonster

swagmonster

Reaction score
ive been having good battery life. i recharge daily. it was off the charger at 5 am and back on at 9pm with about 5% left. it was my second day owning the phone and i am really impressed with the battery life so far

Usage ?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

bigdad84

Reaction score
30 minutes of web. 1 5:17 minute phone call, about 40 minutes on angry birds, sent around 150 texts and jus usual messing around with it, because its new yet. I have it on maximum battery saver too today so far I've had it off the charger at around 11 am and I have 80% left and its only 2

born2golf

Reaction score
If I am not moving or i'm in the car, my D2 is charging... no matter where i am. 4th smart phone, learned a long time ago ALWAYS HAVE A CHARGER.

Not one of my phones has EVER gotten close to 20hrs, 10.... maybe.... but even at 10 i start freaking out that its going to die.

+1.

I have multimedia docks on work offices desk, home desk and bedside table. Charger in each car...