Battery life

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Yes because tillywilly doubts you can get 24 hours lol that wasn't meant to be rude I just wanted to show that my phone can get as long as I was saying
aefdb75b-89fd-d193.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

What percentage was the battery at when you took this screenshot?

From a D2.

droidster123

Reaction score
50%. That's what that little 5 is in the battery icon, don't know if you saww it

OP
swagmonster

swagmonster

Reaction score
Hey guys i have another thread up where we. Can talk about our custom volts/settings and stuff or we can just keep it in here

Your thread has evolved into something completely different from what you expected, but battery life varies so much because of our ROMs and settings.

In order to "prove" the battery life we are getting we must now show it.....lol.
From a D2.
Evolution is a wonderful thing this thread was so that as a whole we droiders can come together and discuss our settings and through communication possibly make a set of settings for optimal battery life because for the harcore battery users it sucks to have it die in a few hours, also for the newbies that are wondering about the average battery life can get a good understanding on how to improve/know what kind of life they are looking at, already we have a few different roms, im on gummy and someone mentioned squids, so possibly we can get a list of optimal settings for both of the said roms, hopefully if the above said objective is met i will take a concensus and post a new thread with all of the info that hopefully will be stickied for easier viewing insted of searching through a list os posts. Also the other thread i mentioned was supposed to be a sister thread so we can all get a good idea on the best voltages, even though everydroid is different there should be a vauge median range of volts, now that i have uber hand cramps from typing this lol, if this rant doesnt make sense ask me where i was vauge and i will clarify,
Ps i had to reboot so my screen shot wont be up till tomorrow

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yes because tillywilly doubts you can get 24 hours lol that wasn't meant to be rude I just wanted to show that my phone can get as long as I was saying
aefdb75b-89fd-d193.jpg

your correct im not being rude in anyway at all dont take it like that but I dont c 24hrs of use you have to take the screenshots of each one like I did to show your use of how long each one has been used just showing how long it has been on says nothing I could turn mine on and leave it on the table and it would stay charged for the 3days and the % would still be the same as if you were using it bc those just show what % is using the batt. not the actual "usage" per say if that makes since

want a droid

Reaction score
2+ hours and I'm at 90%

qrb2g7.jpg

I use squidly's rom (not his latest though) so most blur is removed. I'm a heavy user (heavy texting/kik messaging, facebook/twitter/tweetdeck updating, light browser surfing, no calls though).

And my brightness is on the highest (100%) and my auto-sync is always turned on.

droidster123

Reaction score
your correct im not being rude in anyway at all dont take it like that but I dont c 24hrs of use you have to take the screenshots of each one like I did to show your use of how long each one has been used just showing how long it has been on says nothing I could turn mine on and leave it on the table and it would stay charged for the 3days and the % would still be the same as if you were using it bc those just show what % is using the batt. not the actual "usage" per say if that makes since[/QUOTE]

No I know your not being rude. I meant to say to you I'm not trying to be rude towards you with my post!

want a droid

Reaction score
Currently at 30%:

25ui3wh.jpg

As I said before, heavy usage and I'm on the extended battery. Running squidly's rom (not the latest though) so most blur is removed.

K20turbo

Reaction score
I agree with what your saying about everyones defintion of moderate use and such. But for me this is my phone at medium use...
aefdb75b-0242-5be8.jpg

Still a lot of battery and I do get about 20 hours or more on a charge

Dude your phone's been on idle/standby mostly I wouldn't call that moderate use. I think it should be categorized as minimal usage.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Running squidly, overclocked to 1.3, screen bightness mostly at 40%.

You decide what my usage is.

aefe04c1-188b-6674.jpg
aefe04c1-189e-2c20.jpg
aefe04c1-18b2-71ca.jpg
aefe04c1-18c3-9169.jpg
aefe04c1-18d1-926a.jpg
aefe04c1-18e0-46c8.jpg
aefe04c1-18f0-d86b.jpg
aefe04c1-18fe-ba97.jpg

From a D2.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
exactly what i thought look at mine and then yours side by side its the same usage on both just about to the T....thats what I was saying your not going to get 24hrs out of a battery with moderate use at all there just no way.....our display time and everything else is right at the same amount and mine was only on 13hrs

K20turbo

Reaction score
Running squidly, overclocked to 1.3, screen bightness mostly at 40%.

You decide what my usage is.

aefe04c1-188b-6674.jpg
aefe04c1-189e-2c20.jpg
aefe04c1-18b2-71ca.jpg
aefe04c1-18c3-9169.jpg
aefe04c1-18d1-926a.jpg
aefe04c1-18e0-46c8.jpg
aefe04c1-18f0-d86b.jpg
aefe04c1-18fe-ba97.jpg

From a D2.
D2 gets better battery life doesn't seem like much was used either... I can last that much stock. How do you take screen shots like that so I can post up my usage. Normally 6 hours easy before 30% warning then on weekends with rare usage can do over 20 hours easy

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App