Battery Life While Off?

hangingclowns

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has already been talked about, but I could not find it. Most people are talking about when their phone is on, but what about when the phone is off and the battery seems to die?

I've had a strange problem these last few days. I charge my battery for a while, and before I go to sleep, I turn off my phone, then I turn it back on when I wake up, which is anytime between 6:50am or 11:30am and it seems to have lowered to about 30% battery.

Is this a normal problem? Can others test this on their phone? Or do I need a replacement?

D

dankarlinski

go to settings > battery manager.

that are your programs on there and their useage?

OP
H

hangingclowns

Reaction score
go to settings > battery manager.

that are your programs on there and their useage?
It has nothing to do with while the phone is on. I'm powering OFF the phone. Then I turn ON the phone and the battery life goes down to 30%, as opposed to 100% when it just came off the charger before I turned off the phone.

Why is that?

rage813

Reaction score
Bad battery get a new one

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
H

hangingclowns

Reaction score
Bad battery get a new one

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
That's what I'm starting to think, or maybe a bad phone? Only thing is I'm out of the country and don't plan to go back for a while. I'd have to switch the service back to my Droid from my BB then call in my insurance to get the battery, right? I just got the phone not too long ago and called in Global Support to get it unlocked.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely bad battery. The phone should lose no juice when powered off. And very little juice on bootup.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

bgrade

Reaction score
I wonder if it could be a problem with apps going into "partial wakelock". But then again, why would you be the only one on this forum experiencing this problem. Confirm that you power off the device by holding down the power button and selecting power off? If so, then next time you turn off your phone, try removing the battery for a minute and putting it back in. If the battery still drains that much overnight then its definately a bad battery.

OP
H

hangingclowns

Reaction score
I wonder if it could be a problem with apps going into "partial wakelock". But then again, why would you be the only one on this forum experiencing this problem. Confirm that you power off the device by holding down the power button and selecting power off? If so, then next time you turn off your phone, try removing the battery for a minute and putting it back in. If the battery still drains that much overnight then its definately a bad battery.
Tonight I'm going to keep the battery out of the phone and pop it back in in the morning and see what happens. The next night I'll try what you said and write up what happens. I definitely know I'm shutting off the phone. I hold down the button, and select power off and I see the screen come up with the moving circle that says "Powering off" or whatever it says, then a final vibrate as I guess it alerts it that it powered off.

I do have to say one thing, this is probably one quick phone to charge up a battery, though. I just got home about 10:30pm and it was done charging by 11:30pm, maybe. I could be wrong, but I believe that was the how long it took. I know, earlier I got about 50 or 60% charge when I popped it on the charger for about 20-30 minutes while waiting for my friend.

Now that I think of it, isn't 'it supposed to take like 3 hours to charge? I think I remember seeing that info on Moto's website.

wilboy

Reaction score
I have mine charge from 0%(automatically turn off my phone) to 100% for 1hr and 50 min..

OP
H

hangingclowns

Reaction score
I have mine charge from 0%(automatically turn off my phone) to 100% for 1hr and 50 min..
I swear, mine is like an hour and it's even turned on. Next time I'll have to document the time to get a true answer for you.

*Update*After battery out of phone all night, i plugged in my battery and it seems that the battery has been half used after I charged it last night. Guess I have to make a phone call.