Battery Life Randomly Drops To 0%

lxRebelxl

Reaction score
Today at work I checked my phone to see what time it was and it was completely unresponsive. No screen image, no power up, nothing. I tried charging it and still nothing. Then out of the blue, it powers up. (After six hours of unconsciousness) no battery life whatsoever and I'm POSITIVE I charged it over night. I don't know why the life of it disappeared. I haven't been near any water or magnets. I checked the recent phone calls and there was no butt dialing. I never played any music off of it. Where did the charge go?!?! I took this screenshot of the battery's history. It literally disappeared. Any explanations??

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums lxrebelxl! That is strange but could be due to several things. The most likely is that your battery meter is off (saying your phone is at 100%, stopping the charge because it believes it is at 100% but really it may only be at 30%). To fix this, do meter training cycle. With the phone off ,charge it to 100%. Turn phone on and use (without charging) til you get the low battery warning (10%). Turn phone off and charge to 100% again. Then use your phone and charge as you normally would.

In your screenshot, is the green Android guy in the notification bar an auto task killer? That could also be what drained your phone... by repeatedly killing background tasks that immediately start back up again, creating a viscous cycle. They can often do more damage than good because they kill processes that your phone actually needs to work properly.

Do the meter training and keep us posted. There may be other things we also can do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That green Android icon has a blue X on it's belly?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jaye712

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
That green Android icon has a blue X on it's belly?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Atk ..yet another one..yikes..i dont like that logo lol..yes..uninstall that app asap..i learned the hard way

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"