Battery life on CM7. Let's hear it...

barski

Reaction score
You guys want battery life?! Head over to revnumbers. Rev is a genius and now my Droid X on CM7 is actually getting good battery life, plus all the fixes are in the rom. dancedroid

gregg0829

Reaction score
I tried to flash the latest file 8/12 and my wifi a tibu got buggy so I had to flash a backup. I need to get more than 6 hours of battery life!!!

CM74DX

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sitting at 19 hours and 30 minutes on my extended battery. Its still at 3.778 mV, so I have a ton more left.

Full is around 4.2...

CM74DX

Dullawolf

Reaction score
On my test DX I have 55% battery left and its been 12.5 hours. Phone has been idle for 12 and a quarter of that mind you. Only 15 minutes of display. Not very good IMHO. Good for cm7 tho probably.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

clouse2013

Reaction score
Ive been getting about 15 hours with moderate use on some of the newer nightlies. thats good for cm7.

On my test DX I have 55% battery left and its been 12.5 hours. Phone has been idle for 12 and a quarter of that mind you. Only 15 minutes of display. Not very good IMHO. Good for cm7 tho probably.

are you one rev's unofficial nightlies or the ones from Rom Manager?

fenrisswolf

Reaction score
Well, I decided to bite the bullet and try out cyanogenmod.

After my first full day on it, I'm enjoying the customization, the ability to try things out without a lot of reboots, and I even managed to find the newest .13 radio. Most of everything seems to work, after applying the proper patches, Torch and GPS work fine, and I'll test out the camera functions tomorrow to see what happens, since I haven't tried the camera out yet.
The only thing I tried to use and couldn't get to work was the nexus live wallpaper. :) Not quite sure what's up with that, as I've yet to read any mentions of that bugging out on anyone.

Now I just have to find out how to optimize battery life. (Granted, I updated to Rev's unofficial nightly halfway through the day, while re-charging after the first drain, so I won't really worry about poor performance until a few days of more normal use go by, but so far it looks like I'll need some major optimization adjustments to get the battery to last me through the day...)
So far, I'm getting only about 6 1/2 hours on the stock battery. A little less on 62, than on rev's 8-15 nightly.
Interestingly enough, this is the first ROM on which the display ISN'T showing as the main battery hog. I forgot to reset Battery stats before flashing, so my data might be a little off, but android battery stats are telling me that I've only used 10% of my battery on the Display. Gmail and Tweetdeck are the two biggest hogs at 28% and 33%. (everything else is reporting about 4% usage. So tonight, I've increased the fetch delays on Tweetdeck, and told Gmail to synchronize fewer messages. I'll see if that helps a little with battery usage, and then I'll have to read up on battery optimization strategies from the forums..

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely calibrate, try to implement a script like imoseyon, v6 supercharger or juwe's ram script. You can also mess with systcl settings if you feel comfortable with it, or try green power or juice defender ultimate. Of course there's always undervolting and trying different Governors. Just a few suggestions....

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Definitely calibrate, try to implement a script like imoseyon, v6 supercharger or juwe's ram script. You can also mess with systcl settings if you feel comfortable with it, or try green power or juice defender ultimate. Of course there's always undervolting and trying different Governors. Just a few suggestions....

What are these scripts and the super charger your talking about?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a thread on the supercharger that will explain it better than I could in a few lines.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/148268-script-v6-supercharger-htk-bulletproof-launchers-fix-memory-all-androids.html

For the imoseyon tweak, go to imoseyon.com

You can modify systcl settings in the liberty toolbox (settings), droid overclock or jrummys systcl config app (free in the market. Of course if you don't know what systcl is, read up online about it. Interesting stuff :)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;WADt5tK6Ths]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WADt5tK6Ths&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Here's a video that explains how to install and run the v6 script. Hope this helps.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
http://db.tt/pXsZ9i4

Here's a link to my dropbox containing the juwe ram script. Just flash in cw (no wipe).

All these scripts basically modify how the system manages memory (minfree kb). I'm over simplifying here, but ideally you should see a snappier phone and battery savings. Ideally.